Reporting to the Regional Manager, the Consultant is responsible for providing consulting, health & safety services to member firms and internal and external customers. The successful incumbent will work within a consulting team and will cultivate and maintain customer relationships to ensure that regional goals and objectives associated with WSPSs Go to Market Plan are accomplished within established time frames. The Consultant will use available resources to assist member firms to improve their health and safety programs and its performance.
This role is responsible for aligning annual goals and objectives with the Go to Market Plan as discussed with the Regional Manager.
- The Consultant collaborates with other Consultants and Key Account Managers for conducting billable services to customers. This includes the development of hazard assessments, health and safety manual development and other billable consulting work needed to meet customer needs.
- Initiates, develops and maintains relationships with established target accounts.
- Assists in establishing target lists for regional territory.
- In collaboration with the Regional Manager, the Consultant will effectively coordinate, promote, and manage the assigned safety group chapters as determined by WSPS' corporate objectives.
- Provides health and safety consulting services to assist customers with the reduction of workplace hazards and the elimination of workplace injuries and illnesses.
- Proactively analyzes customer needs by researching the customers’' history through a variety of mediums (websites, firm profiles, applicable legislation, and other informational sources) and applies health and safety expertise to improve their current program(s).
- Conducts work site visits with customers to promote the benefits of implementing health and safety initiatives; utilizes internal consulting processes to support and direct customers with the development of customized health and safety programs to be incorporated into their existing organizational structure.
- Prepares and presents effective proposals as part of the sales/consulting presentation to customers to illustrate the benefits of using WSPS' products and services to improve workplace well-being, health and safety.
- Provides on-site and public health and safety training and facilitation services to customers to increase Workplace Health and Safety awareness.
- Proactively responds to customer information requests promptly and accurately, acting as a resource or gateway for information and services; maintains records of all activities on the management information system and submits reports as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Kinesiology, Human Kinetics or a Certificate/Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety with equivalent experience. Recognized Health and Safety (CRSP) Designation, including knowledge of Adult learning principles.
- 5 to 7 years of related industry experience; preferably working in a management, consultant, or safety role.
- Proven experience in conducting audits and assessments, preferably within the scope of Health & Safety in organizations and workplaces.
- Excellent facilitation skills to small and medium senior management and community groups.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Project Management experience is required and strategic business planning is an asset.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and reliable automobile.
Deadline for Application: Friday, July 12, 2013 at NOON
Complete application will include:
Indeed - 19 months ago
Workplace Safety & Prevention Services (WSPS) provides industry-specific health and safety products, training and consulting services to...