Workplace Safety & Prevention Services Job Posting
JOB TITLE: Health & Safety Consultant/ Account Manager
REGION: Thunder Bay
Reporting to the Territory Manager, the Health & Safety Consultant/Account Manager is responsible for providing consulting, health & safety services to member firms and internal and external customers. Using a solutions-based approach to identify target market groups, the successful incumbent will identify, develop and maintain assigned customer accounts to achieve injury/illness reduction and revenue /margin targets, utilizing market specific sales plans, customer plans and identification of opportunities to implement WSPS solutions.
- Initiates, develops and maintains relationships with established target accounts. Assists in establishing target lists for regional territory.
- Collaborates with other Consultants and Account Managers for conducting billable services to customers. This includes the development of hazard assessments, health and safety manual development and other billable consulting work needed to meet customer needs.
- In collaboration with the Territory Manager, effectively coordinate, promote, and manage the assigned safety group chapters as determined by WSPS' corporate objectives.
- Provides health and safety consulting services to assist customers with the reduction of workplace hazards and the elimination of workplace injuries and illnesses.
- Proactively analyzes customer needs by researching the customers’' history through a variety of mediums (websites, firm profiles, applicable legislation, and other informational sources) and applies health and safety expertise to improve their current program(s).
- Conducts work site visits with customers to promote the benefits of implementing health and safety initiatives; utilizes internal consulting processes to support and direct customers with the development of customized health and safety programs to be incorporated into their existing organizational structure.
- Prepares and presents effective proposals as part of the sales/consulting presentation to customers to illustrate the benefits of using WSPS' products and services to improve workplace well-being, health and safety.
- Provides on-site and public health and safety training and facilitation services to customers to increase Workplace Health and Safety awareness.
- Proactively responds to customer information requests promptly and accurately, acting as a resource or gateway for information and services; maintains records of all activities on the management information system and submits reports as required.
- Provide solutions to assist Customers with the reduction of workplace risks and in achieving the customer’s business related goals depending on their segment.
- Use internal Consulting processes to assist Customers to integrate appropriate health and safety systems into their existing business management system, according to customer’s business goals.
- Research Customer history via a variety of mediums (i.e. website, firm profile, applicable legislation and other information sources and apply health and safety expertise in order to effectively analyse and determine customer Health and Safety needs with regard to their Health and Safety program development and improvement.
- Achieves assigned territory/regional sales targets through the Initiation, development and Maintenance of Relationships with established target accounts. Work with customer to nurture the relationship and the potential issues and opportunities related to the customer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree or diploma in Occupational Health and Safety, Kinesiology, Human Kinetics, Business or a related discipline and/or equivalent experience.
- Recognized Health and Safety (CRSP) Designation, including knowledge of Adult learning principles would be considered an asset.
- Strong account management and sales skills, relationship building skills, business acumen and presentation/facilitation skills.
- 5 to 7 years of related industry experience; preferably working in a management or consultant role.
- Experience in conducting audits and assessments, preferably within the scope of Health & Safety in organizations and workplaces.
- Excellent facilitation skills to small and medium senior management and community groups.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Project Management experience is required and strategic business planning is an asset.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and reliable automobile.
Complete application will include a Cover letter and Resume.
Indeed - 12 months ago
Workplace Safety & Prevention Services (WSPS) provides industry-specific health and safety products, training and consulting services to...