Digital Marketing Specialist
WSI is a globally franchised Digital Marketing company where each local WSI office offers online marketing services to local businesses of all sizes and industries. Smart WSI Marketing in Edmonton, AB is a Google Partner and maintains a "marketing first" focus while delivering services of web design, search engine optimization (SEO), per pay click advertising, social media, email marketing, and more.
This opportunity is for a university graduate with 2 to 3 years digital marketing experience who wants to grow their career with a growing company in a very exciting field. Businesses are moving their marketing to the internet and this position is the catalyst between the business owners and the tools that will help their business grow by marketing online. You will learn new skills in our technology based environment. Computer resources and technology are supplied: there are many opportunities for development and growth in the position. This is a small team environment with great people, lots of laughs, and a fun fast paced working environment. We finish early on Friday; there is free parking outside our office; health and dental benefits are available.
Your role includes daily front line customer contact to coordinate and deliver digital marketing solutions including websites and social properties (but not limited to these) that increase WSI client web presence. You coordinate set-up and maintenance activities for WSI's unique Adaptive Search Engine Optimization (A-SEO) programs proven to increase client organic search profile. You lead in continued updates required for web and social properties and programs.
The Digital Marketing Specialist is in continued collaboration and communication with the other WSI team members, the WSI production centers, and our customers who are Business Owners and Marketing Managers, during project builds and updates after the properties are launched.
Digital Marketing Specialist Duties Divide into Three Parts
- The first part starts after the sales team introduces a new client that engages WSI in a new responsive design website, a website upgrade or an SEO implementation. This role involves solo work and collaboration for project layout and design concepts; collecting and editing content and collecting images from the client. You package the project and send to the WSI production centers for mockups, design, and coding implementation.
- The second part is ongoing customer service and upgrades to existing website and social properties as clients need changes or as we, through team collaboration, determine necessary changes are needed to increase results. You complete minor content and coding changes; you send larger service and redesign projects to a WSI production centre.
- You coordinate set-up and maintenance activities for WSI's unique Adaptive Search Engine Optimization (A-SEO) programs using website, social properties and content data.
- You coordinate the layout, design and scope of new website properties. This includes but is not limited to the website strategy and design for optimal conversion and its relationship to the social properties and customer reviews.
- You implement Google Webmaster tools including analytics, XML sitemaps and more.
- You lead the collection, coordination and curation of content for websites and social properties. You implement keyword research to coordinate and curate content and meta-data activities.
- You set up and maintain social properties like Google+, Google Places, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Customer Lobby and more as required.
- You assist clients with basic trouble shooting issues related to their website content (text and images), social properties or email services provided by WSI.
- You learn and become proficient in software programs including but not limited to Maximizer (CRM), Basecamp (project management), Time Tracker (time management), Adobe e-Fusion website platform, WSI Genesis Wordpress website platform, WSI Reach Local.
Job Qualifications & Skills Needed
- Customer service demeanor comfortable speaking directly with customers
- Basic to intermediate courses in HTML, CSS, Adobe Suite, Photoshop, graphic design
- Solid understanding of digital analytics, ability to generate, analyze & interpret data
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications: Word, Excel & PowerPoint required
- Proven organizational skills and able to handle multiple ongoing projects with deadlines
- Proven oral and written communications skills
- Proven knowledgeable social media user: FB, LinkedIn, Google+, etc
- Willing to take Google Adwords Advertising Basics & Display Advertising certification for Google Partners within 90 days of hire; studying is on your own time
Indeed - 5 months ago