Our client requires an individual to conduct field work for the assessment of hazardous materials such as asbestos, mould and designated substances
- Will be required to perform inspection and testing during remediation projects and generate technical reports associated with the field work completed.
- Will determine location, quantity, and type of sampling to be performed, and conduct effective and accurate sample collection, onsite testing and monitoring.
- Prepare reports based on information gathered through field sampling based on company policy and standardized operating procedures.
- Participate in site meetings and hold conversations with clients to determine their needs and gather all required information.
- Report to Project Managers regarding site work and provide all required information for invoicing and timesheets.
- Manage and upkeep all sampling equipment, ensure calibration is conducted as per company policy and standardized operating procedures.
- Conduct any necessary laboratory work as required maintain good standing in IRSST Fibre Counter Program.
- Minimum 2 year college Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety, or equivalent.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required in order to deal effectively with clients, regulatory agencies, suppliers and fellow staff members.
- Proficiency in word, excel, outlook, pdf and ability to read and interpret CADD drawings.
- Technical competency using various types of testing equipment.
- Excellent relationship building skills are necessary to be able to foster and maintain cooperative working relationships with others.
- Time management, multi-tasking and organizational skills are necessary to plan and run a project or projects concurrently.
- Initiative and self-motivation is required to make recommendations, take action, and work with little direction.
Please apply with your resume stating "Occupational Health and Safety Technician" in the subject line.
For this and other opportunities, visit WORTH PERSONNEL GROUP Careers, at http://www.worthpersonnel.com/careers/.
We thank you for your interest, however only those most qualified will be contacted for an interview.
Indeed - 17 months ago