Are you looking for more than a job? At World Vision Canada we offer challenging careers that change the lives of children all over the world and it will change yours too. Come and be part of a team of over 500 Canadians with a vision for the world: Life in all its fullness for every child.
You will experience Christian faith in action helping to make real and lasting change in the lives of the world’s most vulnerable children. Join the World Vision Canada team and be part of a powerful and effective force for good: For Children. For Change. For Life.
Reporting to the Manager of Organizational Development (OD), the incumbent will assist with the development and execution of organizational development projects and training programs. The goal is to optimize performance management, employee engagement, succession planning, talent management and leadership and staff development by supporting special projects relating to these initiatives. The incumbent will have solid experience in the OD field and proven project management and change management skills. He/she will have strong consultation skills with an ability to work collaboratively with others to achieve goals.
Key Job Functions:
- Partners with members of the OD team to implement OD projects and training initiatives
- Creates/updates OD and training policies and procedures
- Assists in facilitating change management process
- Prepares written communication to support OD and training initiatives
- Conducts needs assessment to determine training needs and gaps
- Develops training materials and assist with the design of related training
- Delivers training workshops for different levels in the organization
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate (oral and written) well with various levels of the organization
- Proven ability to build positive relationships and work collaboratively
- Solid project management skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong ability to manage change well
- Proven understanding and application of adult learning principles
- Must be able to work independently
- Strong computer skills, proficiency in MS Office
- Ability to design training including e-learning
- Excellent listening skills and customer service skills
- Major project start-up experience is an asset
- Bachelor degree in Human Resources or related discipline
- Minimum 2 years of OD experience (required)
- Minimum 2 years of training and development experience (required)
- Minimum 2 years project management experience
Interested applicants are asked to complete an online application via our careers website:
http://www.worldvision.ca/careers Application deadline is November 30, 2012.