Are you looking for more than a job? At World Vision Canada we offer challenging careers that change the lives of children all over the world and it will change yours too. Come and be part of a team of over 500 Canadians with a vision for the world: Life in all its fullness for every child.
You will experience Christian faith in action helping to make real and lasting change in the lives of the world’s most vulnerable children. Join the World Vision Canada team and be part of a powerful and effective force for good: For Children. For Change. For Life.
The purpose of the Digital Marketing and Communications Director includes develop and maintain the strategic roadmap, standards and organizational best practices for the organization’s utilization and development of digital marketing properties for World Vision Canada. These properties include the public website worldvision.ca as well as existing and emerging social media properties including, but not limited to Facebook, Interest, Twitter and YouTube.
The Digital Marketing and Communications Director is responsible for the management and mentoring and professional growth of managerial staff within the department as well as ensuring the department’s overall staff professional and spiritual health.
The Digital Marketing and Communications Director is responsible for ensuring alignment of digital tactics embedded within organizational stakeholder group operational strategies within the overarching organizational digital strategy while ensuring the Digital marketing and Communications department supports the testing and growth of emerging digital tools and tactics to improve organizational effectiveness.
Develop, maintain and communicate departmental strategy, operational standards and industry best practices. This is achieved through partnering with internal stakeholders and external experts and agencies to gather and align with organizational operational priorities and communicating and promoting throughout the organization in regular reporting and communications.
Ensure the efficient development of digital tools for organizational stakeholders through the development and maintenance of digital production processes and standards and maintaining the digital technical infrastructure in partnership with the Informational Technology team.
Maintain and ensure consistent adherence of the World Vision Canada creative brand standards across all digital channels. This will be achieved by developing, publishing and maintaining digital communication standards for the organization and participating as the digital representative in cross-functional marketing and communication teams
Regularly report, communicate and provide a point of view on key business performance objectives within the digital channel as they relate to World Vision Canada’s annual organizational operation plan and strategic multi-year plans. This will be achieved by providing data and reports and identify usage and industry trends to internal stakeholders on a regular basis.
Ensure the professional and spiritual growth of the Digital Marketing team. This will be achieved by ensuring staff has access to applicable training on existing and staff participation in devotions and small groups, while leading with a servant’s heart and dealing with human resources and business challenges using the guiding principles of faith.
- Direct Marketing Best Practices
- Digital Marketing Best Practices and Technical Development and Integration
- Advanced staff management, budget and strategic plan development, advance communication, negotiation and prioritization skills.
Skills and experience required:
- 10-15 years of progressive experience in the Digital Marketing and team management
- Experience providing direction to an advertising agency
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate and manage complex agreements with multiple stakeholders and successfully execute to timelines and budget.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor a team to be efficient, effective, proactive to the organization’s needs and offer solutions to complex business challenges.
- Ability to synthesize multiple operational plans into one strategic plan, executing that plan using multiple types of digital technology across multiple channels including websites, social media and mobile.
- Interpersonal and negotiation skills are paramount in this position as the director will be in regular contact with stakeholders across the breadth of the organization, seeking alignment on priorities and deliverables.
- 4-5 times a year mostly in North America
Interested applicants are asked to complete an online application via our careers website:
http://www.worldvision.ca/careers Application deadline is December 5, 2012.