Are you looking for more than a job? At World Vision Canada we offer challenging careers that change the lives of children all over the world and it will change yours too. Come and be part of a team of over 500 Canadians with a vision for the world: Life in all its fullness for every child.
You will experience Christian faith in action helping to make real and lasting change in the lives of the world’s most vulnerable children. Join the World Vision Canada team and be part of a powerful and effective force for good: For Children. For Change. For Life.
Internally known as Church Advisor and ideally located in the greater Toronto area, this position is part of a national team of Church Advisors and will serve as World Vision’s Representative and spokesperson to Canadian Churches and Christian organizations in their region. Working with key church and ministry leaders, the Church Advisor will develop and deepen relationships using a consultative/ relational approach.
The Church Advisor will seek to build mutually beneficial partnerships that will result in both financial and non-financial outcomes and an increase in church engagement, by following a moves management strategy. Additionally they will develop a network of World Vision Advocates that will promote World Vision within their sphere of influence and expand World Vision’s brand in their regions.
Reporting to the Senior Church Advisor, the successful candidate will communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
- A minimum 3 years work experience in sales and/or fundraising.
- College diploma or University degree in business management or equivalent.
- Proven track record of success in a role requiring extensive relationship management with a results focus.
- Ability to network, develop relationships and manage up to 200 supporter relationships.
- Strong organizational skills, time management and ability to prioritize tasks and responsibilities to meet deadlines and commitments.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, attentive listening skills and strong communication/presentation skills
- Ability to comfortably express and discuss matters of faith with leaders from a wide variety of church denominations.
- Ability to work some weekends and evenings.
- Must have the ability to work full time from a home office.
- Access to a vehicle and the ability to travel up to 40-50% of your time within your region is required.
- Adaptable and able to work in a dynamic, fast paced, result driven environment.
- Proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft CRM and SharePoint is an asset.
- Working knowledge of Consultative Sales model an asset.
Interested applicants are asked to complete an online application via our careers website:
http://www.worldvision.ca/careers Application deadline is March 17, 2013.