We are looking for a temporary bookkeeper to fill in for 2 to 3 months for someone on a leave of absence. This is a 5 day per week, Monday to Friday, 9 to 4:30pm position. It may, for the right individual, be more than 3 months or evolve into a full time position depending on the status of the person on leave. We are located in the Tri-cities area close to public transit and free parking.
- Minimum of 3 years of recent bookkeeping / accounting experience
- Post-secondary education in relevant bookkeeping and business courses
- Highly proficient in using QuickBooks 2008 and newer is a MUST!
- Experience with payroll and commissions
- Strong English communication skills (verbal and written)
- Familiar with Microsoft Office suit applications
Duties and Responsibilities
- Data entry of invoices and recurring journal entries
- Reconcile Accounts Receivable/Open Invoices
- Monthly bank reconciliations
- GST, PST, WCB, and Payroll Remittances
- Other general bookkeeping functions as assigned
- Enjoy working independently as well as being part of a team
Please submit your resume and references by responding to this add. Include your hourly rate.