Are you constantly told to act your age? Do you love to run screaming through a sprinkler? Are you creative? Can you handle the pressure of a deadline oriented work environment? If you answered yes to these questions, then we should talk.
An exciting position is available with WMI Manufacturing Corp. a Waterplay® Solutions Corp. partner in Kelowna, BC, Canada. We are looking for a bright person to join our dynamic and inventive team as a Welder for the busy summer season.
Dream: Design: Deliver
An industry innovator since 1987, WMI/Waterplay has turned hundreds of flat concrete slabs into inspiring three-dimensional water worlds. We are proud to call ourselves the original pioneers of the aquatic play pad movement. Since our beginning, our vision has spawned an entire industry and aquatic play pads have now brought the joy of water to people and communities around the world.
We believe in creating a product that our employees can truly believe in and can confidently stand behind as the best in the industry. At WMI/Waterplay, we encourage our employees and our clients to dream big. If you’re someone who likes to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, send us your cover letter and resume today.
Responsible for welding of Waterplay® products in a safe, efficient manner while maintaining the commitment to quality that our customer’s demand. This is a temporary fulltime position.
- Read and interpret fabrication drawings
- Operate welding equipment using gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW), gas metal arc welding (GMAW)
- Operate all cutting and drilling equipment in a safe manner
- Operate overhead cranes in a safe manner
- Work with Quality Control, Engineering, Safety Committee, and Management to continuously improve the product, manufacturing processes, and working environment.
- Accurately track job time using electronic bar code system
- Attend and participate in daily shop floor meeting
- Report damaged or worn equipment, low stock of consumables, or other items that that may delay production or affect safety and quality
- Keep work station clean and tools organized
- Assist fellow employees as and when required
Technical Skill Requirement:
- Grade 12
- “C” or “B” Level Welder Qualification
- Knowledge of materials and fabrication processes
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment – 2 years
- Previous experience in a fabrication or welding role – 2 years
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Problem solving abilities and technical aptitude