Are you constantly told to act your age? Do you love to run screaming through a sprinkler? Are you creative? Can you handle the pressure of a deadline oriented work environment? If you answered yes to these questions, then we should talk.
An exciting position is available with WMI Manufacturing Corp. a Waterplay® Solutions Corp. partner in Kelowna, BC, Canada. We are looking for a bright person to join our dynamic and inventive team as a production coordinator.
Dream: Design: Deliver
An industry innovator since 1987, WMI/Waterplay has turned hundreds of flat concrete slabs into inspiring three-dimensional water worlds. We are proud to call ourselves the original pioneers of the aquatic play pad movement. Since our beginning, our vision has spawned an entire industry and aquatic play pads have now brought the joy of water to people and communities around the world.
We believe in creating a product that our employees can truly believe in and can confidently stand behind as the best in the industry. At WMI/Waterplay, we encourage our employees and our clients to dream big. If you’re someone who likes to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, send us your cover letter and resume today.
The Production Coordinator is responsible for establishing and coordinating the production schedule, managing the supply and flow of materials and assemblies for fabrication internally and to outside suppliers, and assuring that product is ready to be shipped on time.
- Process sales orders in a timely fashion
- Monitor internal fabrication capacity and outsource work as required
- Set initial ship dates for orders based on capacity and material availability
- Maintain a six week lead-time target
- Coordinate material supply to out sourced services
- Processing of Graphics required on components / Lily Pads (Airbrush / Decal)
- Create bills of process (Engineering Masters) to control flow on the shop floor
- Work with design to ensure productions can be manufactured to required quality
- Work with fabrication manager to ensure optimal flow on the shop floor
- Review designs for completeness and accuracy
Material Requirements Planning
- Run MRP and purchase materials required for fabrication
- Create and maintain master production schedules
- Source and negotiate material supply contracts
- Long-term material requirements forecasting
- Assure standards for quality are maintained throughout the entire supply chain
- Work with Design to improve drawing details and document design changes arising from QA issues.
- Properly tag and parts that have failed QA inspections and remove them from the inventory stream
- Act as backup coverage for Logistics manager
- Assist Logistics Manager in maintaining the inventory location system
- Assist in performing periodic Cycle counts
Technical Skill Requirement:
- mechanical technologist/engineer
- manufacturing/industrial engineer
- Knowledge of materials and fabrication processes
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment – 5 years
- Previous experience in a production role – 2 years
- Previous experience in a purchasing role
- Previous experience in a quality role an asset
- Previous experience in an engineering role an asset
- Experience coordinating with suppliers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Problem solving abilities and technical aptitude
- Project management and time management skills
- Microsoft Office Suite specifically Outlook, Word and Excel
- Previous experience with Visual Manufacturing an asset
Email your cover letter and resume or mail to:
WMI Manufacturing Corp.
1451B Ellis Street
Kelowna, BC Canada