The home support worker is responsible for facilitating planned interventions and services for purposes of strengthening and preserving families.
The driver escort is responsible for making themselves available to provide safe, reliable and timely transportation services for individuals and families. The driver will supervise access visits between parents and children.
The youth worker facilitates opportunities for youth involved in at risk behaviours to overcome barriers to independence through personal growth and positive change in attitudes.
The successful applicant must possess:
- A Diploma or Degree in human services
- Minimum of 2 years working experience with children, youth and families.
- Experience in family intervention or related human service field
- Training in suicide intervention and crisis assessment and cultural sensitivity
- Must have valid class 4 driver license with clear driving abstract and minimum 5 years driving experience
- First Aid, Clear criminal record check and social Child Welfare Check
- Carry out drives, according to directions stated on referrals.
- Maintain accurate and up to date records of all drives.
- Maintain accurate and up to date records on all vehicle requirements states in the WJS Policy Manual.
- Represent driver escort program in a professional manner
- Abide by WJS Canada and driver escort program philosophy, policies and procedures.
- Be familiar with the Child, Youth and Family Enhancement Act and Child and Family Services Authorities.
- Provide childcare supervision and home support services to families in their own homes.
- Assist families in developing parenting skills and practice.
- Advocate in helping families connect with community resources and support networks to enhance family functioning.
- Provide emotional support to family members through construction interpersonal relationships.
- Work with partners in the community to develop and deliver projects to address youth needs.
- Connect with youth to develop relationships, re-unit youth with family, and facilitate access to resources.
- Empower youth by working to increase their knowledge and understanding toward healthy decision making.
Indeed - 11 months ago
copy to clipboard
Government of Alberta
Government of Alberta
- 19 days ago
Community Support Workers
ACCREDITED SUPPORTIVE LIVING SERVICES LIMITED
- 29 days ago
W. J. Stelmaschuk and Associates Ltd. -- also known as WJS Canada or just WJS -- contracts with governments across Canada to provide...