Under the supervision of the program manager, the team leader is responsible for the physical, behavioural and emotional support of the clients, operation and maintenance of the program, supervision of clients in the program and in the community, implementation of training and programming, development and monitoring of Personal Service Plans and monitoring of client specific funds. The team leader also acts in the role of manager in that individuals absence.
The successful applicant must possess:
- Minimum Grade 12 or equivalent
- Certificate or Diploma in human services or related field.
- Must have valid class 5 driver license with clear driving abstract and must have reliable transportation
- Crisis Prevention Intervention, First Aid/CPR Certification
- Clear criminal record check and social services involvement check
- Medication Administration, Abuse Protocol Training, Restrictive Procedures Training
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Certificate
- Behavior Management Certificate, Conflict Resolution Certificate
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a residential service to persons with developmental disabilities with at least 2 years in a supervisory position.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Participating on the assessment and treatment teams respecting the admission, assessment and placement of individuals referred for service
- Supervising residential staff
- Managing the day to day operation of the residences
- Assisting the program manager with the coordination of case conferences
- Developing staffing schedules, and assigning staff shifts
- Approving time sheets and related payroll documents to be forwarded to the admin support/program manager
- Orientation and training of residential staff
- Conducting performance appraisals for residential staff for the approval of the program manager
- In consultation with the program manager implementing performance improvement plans and as necessary, disciplinary actions for staff
- Ensuring comprehensive and accurate recording and reporting of information respecting individuals receiving service (e.g. daily logs, incidents reports)
- Participating on the behaviour review committee
Indeed - 20 months ago