Identifies and provides specialized supports and interventions for persons with Autism Spectrum Disorder in an accredited agency. Supports and instruction focus on community inclusion skill development, social network and employment skills. May also support individuals who have conflict with the legal system and their community.
A Successful applicant must possess or obtain during probation:
- Diploma in a related human/social service field with 1 year recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Non Violent Crisis Intervention certificate
- First Aid/CPR
- Class 4 drivers license
- Clear police and solicitor general checks
Required skills and competencies:
- Able to provide crisis supports and have the flexibility to respond to the needs of the individual(s) served.
- A working knowledge of the criminal justice system and able to assist individuals to navigate the system.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Able to plan and implement changes in response to service recipient needs/desires and environmental influences through interdisciplinary case management.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community; able to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Able to collect, organize, prepare and edit correspondence, reports and other documentation maintain files and records according to agency, ministry and accreditation standards.
- Commitment to quality assurance; knowledge of CARF and related accreditation and certification requirements; understanding of principles and practices of risk management.
- Skill in the use of computers and related applications, including Windows, and Linux platforms and MS and/or Open Office suites; willingness to learn and adapt to new software.
- Familiar with computer-based group conferencing processes.
- Ability to re-prioritize and adjust to interruptions and changing requirements.
- Ability to comprehend information and communicate effectively both orally and in writing, including business communications and basic mathemetics.
Indeed - 17 months ago