We are hiring for Casual workers with the opportunity to turn into part time or full time employment
Under supervision, the residence worker (RW) is responsible for assisting clients to live successfully in residential settings in an accredited agency. Ensures physical, emotional, social, educational and medical needs are met. Assists clients to enhance quality of life with activities of daily living and the development of life skills. Provides behavioural support and supervision in the program and community, implements and monitors individual program plans through observation and accurate reporting, and participates in operating and maintaining the program. This position requires union membership with CUPE.
The successful applicant must possess or obtain during probation:
- Valid CPR/First Aid
- Food Hygiene and Sanitation Certificate
- Valid BC Drivers license with clear drivers abstract
- Non-Violent Physical Crisis Intervention Certificate
- Minimum of one year direct care experience
- Conflict Resolution Certificate
- Certificate or Diploma in Human Services Field or related experience
- At least two years experience working with individuals with a developmental disability in a community based setting.
- Must have a current clear criminal record check and ministry check.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Ability to develop and maintain good relationships with family members, social workers and stakeholders
- Experience working with challenging behavior
- Ability to manage crisis situations effectively and work independently
- Ability to write individual programs
- Excellent writing skills, including computer based report writing