Please note this is for casual positions only
Under the supervision of the program manager, the Residence Worker is responsible for providing general, non-specific client services. These include physical, emotional and behavioral support, supervision in the program and the community and implementing and monitoring Individual Program Plans through observation and accurate reporting. The RW implements training and programming in the program and the community; and participate in the operation and maintenance of the program.
The successful applicant must possess or obtain during probation:
- Valid CPR/First Aid
- Food Hygiene and Sanitation Certificate
- Valid BC Class 4 Driver’s License and clear driver’s abstract
- Non-Violent Physical Crisis Intervention Certificate
- Conflict Resolution Certificate
- Certificate or Diploma in Human Services Field or related experience
- At least one year working with youth in a residential or vocational setting
- Must have a current clear criminal record check and ministry check
Required Skill and Abilities:
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Ability to develop and maintain good relationships with family members, social workers and stakeholders
- Experience working with challenging behavior
- Ability to manage crisis situations effectively and work independently
- Ability to implement individual programs
- Excellent writing skills, including computer based report writing.
W. J. Stelmaschuk and Associates Ltd. -- also known as WJS Canada or just WJS -- contracts with governments across Canada to provide...