Under the supervision of the program manager, the Residence Worker is responsible for providing general, non specific client services. These include physical, emotional and behavioral support, supervision in the program and the community and implementing and monitoring Individual Program Plans through observation and accurate reporting. The RW implements training and programming in the program and the community; and participate in the operation and maintenance of the program.
The successful applicant must possess:
- Valid CPR/First Aid
- Valid BC Class 4 Driver’s License and clear driver’s abstract
- Non-Violent Physical Crisis Intervention Certificate
- Behavior Management Certificate
- Clear criminal record check
- Conflict Resolution Certificate
- Certificate or Diploma in Human Services Field or related experience
- At least one year experience working with mentally challenged individuals in a residential or vocational setting
Required Skill and Abilities:
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Ability to perform all direct care and personal care
- Experience working with challenging behavior
- Ability to manage crisis situations effectively and work independently
- Demonstrated skill in the implementation of individual program plans
- Ability to liaise with family members, social workers and other stakeholders
- Good writing skills, including computer based report writing.
W. J. Stelmaschuk and Associates Ltd. -- also known as WJS Canada or just WJS -- contracts with governments across Canada to provide...