WJS is recognized for program excellence, excellence that is powered by the commitment and creativity of its employees. Our team of over 450 employees keeps us in the vanguard of policy and program development and service excellence. Our first-rate programs in the fields of community living/PDD, children and families, youth justice, and supported employment, which are are all accredited or certified, are highly regarded in the three provinces in which we offer services. We are proud to support our programs–and our staff–with our commitment to training and staff development.
The program director provides operational management and leadership for a cluster of related programs, including direct supervision of program managers. Financial management and administration, human resources management, quality assurance, and business development for this CARF-accredited agency. His/her focus is on business, administration, and networking, as well as oversight of contract management and WJS relationships related to responsibilities. S/He ensures managers/coordinators operate programs according to applicable policies, procedures, guidelines, regulations and provincially-determined standards, and that all programs comply with contractual obligations. As a member of the provincial management group, the program director participates in developing and approving policies and procedures, and contributes to agency decision-making. The program director also participates in national planning initiatives within the company.
The successful applicant must possess:
- Valid CPR/First Aid
- Non-Violent Physical Crisis Intervention Certificate
- Clear TB Screening and doctors note
- Conflict Resolution Certificate
- Current clear Criminal Record check (Police and Attorney General)
- Ability to pass licensing and/or ministry screenings
- A degree in the humanities social sciences or related field and/or related experience
- 3 – 5 years experience in a similar management or human resources generalist position.
- Must have specific experience with financial and human resource management.