The program coordinator is responsible for oversight of program operations in this CARF-accredited agency. Ensures day-to-day services to persons served comply with contacts, WJS policies and procedures, and applicable standards and legislation. Works directly with persons served and their families/care teams as required, and liaises with funders, community partners and other agencies.
- Assist with recruitment, screening, hiring, orientation, supervision, evaluation and discipline of program staff.
- Ensure necessary facilities and equipment are in place to operate the program
- Coordinate work allocation and assigns referrals; process time off requests as required.
- Works with program director to identify professional development and training needs of staff.
- Ensure the program and staff comply with policies, procedures and values of the agency, and use best practices when supporting persons served.
- Make recommendations to the program director regarding program development, formulation of policies and procedures, and program evaluation.
- Represent the program and/or agency in the community, as well as with government agencies, families/caregivers and funding bodies
- Ensure physical environment is maintained according to established standards and procedures, required inspections are completed, and any required follow-up is done
- Provide required reports that are accurate and on schedule, and ensure staff submit accurate expense claims and time sheets in a timely manner
- Diploma in Social Work, Rehabilitation, Child and Youth Care, Early Childhood, or related Social Sciences or Human Services degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years experience in the human services field
- Minimum of 1 year of supervisory experience
- Submit a Criminal Record and CYIM check
- Valid Alberta Driver’s Licence, reliable vehicle with appropriate insurance, and clean driver’s abstract
- Valid First Aid/CPR
- Suicide Intervention and Prevention Training