The successful candidate must have a background in working with people with developmental disabilities, specifically in job development and assessment. This position requires the applicant to be able to demonstrate patience, self-motivation, and willingness to help others and contribute to the community. The applicant will also be able to analyze and collate data to achieve successful outcomes for the individuals served. The successful applicant will also have marketing skills and is familiar with CLBC's employment first initiatives
The successful applicant must possess:
- Clear current criminal record check
- Valid CPR/First Aid
- Valid BC Class 4 Drivers license and clear drivers abstract
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Certificate, Behavior Management Certificate, Conflict Resolution Certificate
- Certificate or Diploma in development/employment counseling.
- At least one years experience working with individuals in a residential or vocational setting combination of education, training and experience may be considered
- Experience working with individuals who have developmental disabilities.
- Use of own vehicle preferred
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Ability to liaise with family members, social workers and other stakeholders
- Ability to perform all direct care and personal care
- Experience working with challenging behavior
- Ability to manage crisis situations effectively and work independently
- Demonstrated skills in working effectively with individuals who have autism
- Demonstrated skills in implementing individual program plans
- Good writing skills, including computer based report writing
- Must be familiar with CLBC Employment First initiatives and be able to liaison with local business as well as market.
Indeed - 10 months ago