The Community Disability Worker, with the guidance of the Team Leader, is responsible for emotional, behavioral and physical care, support and supervision of individuals in our care, both in their homes and in the community. In addition, this position is responsible for implementation of training and programming, monitoring of individual program plans, accurate reporting and recording of the individual’s daily progress and activities, general maintenance related to the care of their home and/or other activities and task as requested and required.
The successful applicant must possess:
- Minimum Grade 12 or equivalent
- Must have valid class 5 driver license with clear driving abstract and must have reliable transportation
- Crisis Prevention Intervention, First Aid/CPR Certification
- Clear criminal record check and social services involvement check
- Medication Administration, Abuse Protocol Training, Restrictive Procedures Training
Required Skills and Abilities:
- One year experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities
- Ability to meet the requirements of Service Agreement of individual(s) in service
- Knowledge of developmental disabilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated skills in implementing individual program plans or behavior management plans
- Ability to work well in a team setting and also without direct supervision
- Ability to follow instructions, and function in a crisis
- Ability to teach living/vocational skill, Observation/assessment skills
- Ability to work with individuals requiring assistance with personal care, daily living skills, social and recreational activities.
- Need to be able to work with complex non-verbal, high risk of violence.
Indeed - 16 months ago
W. J. Stelmaschuk and Associates Ltd. -- also known as WJS Canada or just WJS -- contracts with governments across Canada to provide...