The Community Disability Worker, under supervision of Program Manager, is responsible for the emotional, behavioral and physical care, support and supervision of individuals in our care, both in the residence and the community. In addition, this position is responsible for implementation of training and programming, monitoring of individual program plans, accurate reporting and recording of the individual’s daily progress and activities, general maintenance related to the residence’s operation and/or other activities and task as requested and required.
The successful applicant must possess:
- Minimum Grade 12 or equivalent
- Must have valid class 5 driver license with clear driving abstract and must have reliable transportation
- Crisis Prevention Intervention, First Aid/CPR Certification
- Clear criminal record check and social services involvement check
Required Skills and Abilities:
- One year experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities
- Ability to meet the requirements of Service Agreement of individual(s) in service
- Knowledge of developmental disabilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated skills in assisting individuals in anger management, daily living, self help, social and recreational activity such as swimming
- Ability to work well in a team setting and also without direct supervision
- Ability to follow instructions, and function in a crisis
- Ability to be calm, confident, patient, to self motivate and motivate others and be a positive role model.
- Ability to lift and transfer