The community support worker (CSW) is responsible for assisting clients of an accredited agency who are living independently with their physical, economic, vocational, recreational,social, emotional and daily life skills development. Assist clients to achieve the greatest degree of independence and quality of life possible.
The successful applicant must possess or obtain during probation:
- Valid CPR/First Aid
- Food Hygiene and Sanitation Certificate
- Valid BC Class 4 Driver’s License and clear driver’s abstract
- Non-Violent Physical Crisis Intervention Certificate
- Conflict Resolution Certificate
- Certificate or Diploma in Human Services Field or related experience
- At least one year working with youth in a residential or vocational setting
- Must have a current clear criminal record check and ministry check
Required Skill and Abilities:
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Ability to develop and maintain good relationships with family members, social workers and stakeholders
- Experience working with challenging behavior
- Ability to manage crisis situations effectively and work independently
- Ability to implement individual programs
- Excellent writing skills, including computer based report writing.
Indeed - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard -
W. J. Stelmaschuk and Associates Ltd. -- also known as WJS Canada or just WJS -- contracts with governments across Canada to provide...