Under supervision, the Community Support Worker is responsible for assisting service recipients who are living independently with their physical, economic, vocational, recreational, social, emotional and daily life skills development. This position assists service recipients to achieve the greatest degree of independence and quality of life possible and also requires union membership with BCGEU. This position will be group sessions and one/one work.
The successful applicant must possess:
- Valid CPR/First Aid
- Valid BC Class 5 Drivers license with clear abstract
- Non-Violent Physical Crisis Intervention Certificate
- Behavior Management Certificate
- Conflict Resolution Certificate
- Clear criminal record check
- Certificate or Diploma in Human Services Field or related experience
- At least one year direct care experience working with individuals with behavioral needs.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Ability to liaise with family members, social workers and other stakeholders
- Ability to perform all direct care and personal care
- Experience working with challenging behavior
- Ability to manage crisis situations effectively and work independently
- Ability to participate in and/or lead goal planning, PSP, Plan of Care
- Demonstrated skills in working effectively with individuals who have autism
- Demonstrated skills in designing and implementing individual program plans
- Life skills for Special Needs
- Excellent writing skills, including computer based report writing
- Sign Language is an asset
W. J. Stelmaschuk and Associates Ltd. -- also known as WJS Canada or just WJS -- contracts with governments across Canada to provide...