The Behavior Consultant is responsible for the provision of behavioral assessment, consultation and training to individuals, families, service providers and community groups. He/she reports to the Behavior Outreach Services NW Program Manager.
- Consultation to individuals, families and agencies respecting the development and implementation of behavior plans.
- Liaison among professionals and program environments relevant to service delivery
- Training in behavioral intervention to caregivers and/or agency staff.
- Training in program development, and other areas of interest
- Participation in Behavior Review Committees
Qualifications and Experience:
- Strong personal commitment to working with persons with developmental disabilities and children and youth with challenging behaviors.
- Ability to apply effective interpersonal skills in a variety of environments
- A degree in the behavioral sciences, or a diploma in rehabilitation services.
- Five years direct experience in designing behavioral interventions, working with person with developmental disabilities and/or children with challenging behaviors.
- A criminal record check, a child welfare record check, a valid drivers license, a dependable vehicle and proof of insurance.
- Training requirements can be negotiated.
Indeed - 13 months ago
W. J. Stelmaschuk and Associates Ltd. -- also known as WJS Canada or just WJS -- contracts with governments across Canada to provide...