Please note that this is a Temporary part time position covering a maternity leave (1 year)
Under direct supervision, reviews and processes payment purchase orders, invoices, statements, vouchers and/or other cheque request as appropriate for the region. Draws, verifies and posts payment cheques and prepares ledger entries. Handles the resolution of account discrepancies and procedural enquires. Duties may require simple mathematical calculations.
- Receives and reviews cheque requests and other related documentation for completeness and compliance with financial policies, procedures and contractual requirements
- Matches original invoices and requests for payment with internal purchase requisitions and cheque requests.
- Codes, verifies and electronically enters accounts payable data into ledgers; reconciles inter-company accounts
- Draws, verifies and post payment cheques to appropriate vendors and/or agencies
- Follows up on account statement and other discrepancies regarding payment of accounts
- Maintains, logs, enters and balances account data and generates A/P listing reports as required
- Provides support activities related to purchasing/procurement, such as answering telephones, assisting with and resolving problems and enquiries
- Data entry of accounts receivable invoices and deposits as well as any other duties as requested by the Alberta business or finance manager.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 1-2 years experience in an office environment
- Completion of grade 12 and experience related to the specific duties and responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to type 60 wpm and operate a PC and application software programs
- Good word processing and spreadsheet data entry skills capability
- Subject to a clear Criminal Record check
- Must have a reliable vehicle
Indeed - 4 months ago
W. J. Stelmaschuk and Associates Ltd. -- also known as WJS Canada or just WJS -- contracts with governments across Canada to provide...