WILLIAMSON PRINTING MATERIALS LIMITED
Grimsby, ON CANADA
Canada’s Leading National Distributor of Flexographic Printing Equipment and Consumable Products seeks an energetic, motivated and experienced Financial Controller to take leadership and manage the company’s financial reporting planning and budgeting functions. Williamson is a national leader located in the town of Grimsby in the Niagara region.
Reporting to the CEO, details for this position are as follows:
- Financial planning and budget management
- Overseeing daily operations of the accounting department and personnel
- Implementing department goals and objectives as well as policies and procedures
- Ensuring business processes that affect financials are understood and monitored
- Acting as primary liaison regarding company financial issues
- Making recommendations for procedural improvements
- Preparing monthly financial statements
- Coordinating and supporting annual Audit
- Recruiting, training and evaluating all accounting staff
- Reporting internal financials
- Cash management / Foreign exchange
- Banking relationships / Sales tax filings
- Strategic analysis, and strategic reporting.
- Working with the Management team to provide financial counsel on commercial strategies
- Overseeing the IT functions of the company
- Ensuring IT systems and applications adequately support the objectives of the company
- Leading the evolution of IT and Financial systems of the company
Qualifications & Experience
- An accounting designation or equivalent
- 5-10 years progressive experience in a Finance or Accounting Position
Previous experience as a Controller preferred
- Knowledge of finance, budgeting and accounting principles and regulations
- Analytical skills with the ability to absorb financial information and prepare meaningful
and easily usable financial information
- Experience with Small – Medium sized privately held corporations
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to manage and motivate the accounting team and
communicate effectively with internal customers
- Proficiency in a MS Office environment with an advanced understanding of Excel
- The ability to work under pressure and remain focused while managing several projects at
- Fluent in English is a must, with preference given to bilingual candidates (French)
- Experience with Syntax Financial software preferred.
- Query skills, Data management
Williamson Printing Materials Limited is a leader in our industry and a dynamic company offering excellent opportunities for compensation, rewards for success, as well as a strong benefit package. Williamson is an excellent employer with an outstanding company culture. The Financial Controller will have the opportunity to lead all financial aspects of the corporation as we enter a new period of growth and development, truly putting his or her mark on the company.
Williamson Printing Materials Ltd. has been supplying Canadian Printing plate product needs since 1952. From our four strategic locations in...