The Senior Electrical & Instrumentation Estimator will be responsible for estimating, coordinating and closing of assigned RFP’s in a full multi-discipline environment. The successful candidate will work with the estimating and proposal development team to provide estimating and proposal information as required by the client. The required Estimate and Proposal coordination and development may include bidding and subcontracting strategies with development of direct labour hours, equipment, material and indirect components together with proposal information that may include development of build strategies, constructability and construction execution plans or schedules to provide complete and comprehensive estimating and proposal response to each client RFP.
The Senior Electrical & Instrumentation Estimator will also develop and maintain quantity based estimating systems for Electrical & Instrumentation estimates using Accubid Enterprise software. All estimating systems developed will be integrated with the existing Willbros, project controls, accounting and closing systems and requirements.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Estimating & Proposal Coordination and Closing of assigned RFP’s
- Coordination of vendor and sub contractor requirements
- Development estimating Systems, Norms and Software for Electrical & Instrumentation.
- Completion and/or supervision of material take-off for Electrical & Instrumentation disciplines.
- Supervision & coordination of material take-off in other disciplines for assigned RFP’s
- Tender and specification review and appraisal.
- Supervision of Proposal document preparation for assigned RFP's
- Review and advise Senior Management regarding assigned Estimates & Proposals
- Supervision and/or preparation of subcontractor Requests for Quotation packages, and bid evaluations of received information
- Development of
- Participation in post bid award reviews for analysis of competitive positions, assumptions and unit rates
- Supervision and training for Junior and Intermediate Electrical & Instrumentation Estimators
- The ideal candidate would have both trade and technical background with Post secondary education in Engineering or Technology.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in heavy industrial environment.
- Previous experience with development of estimating, progress & productivity systems for Electrical & Instrumentation disciplines.
This position is a full time regular position with a competitive compensation and benefit package. Applicants are thanked in advance for their interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Willbros is an equal opportunity employer.