Responsible for coordinating activities and resources in support of technical projects that impact multiple departments, systems, or work-flows with moderate to high risk and complexity or multiple projects simultaneously with lesser risk and complexity.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist the Project Manager and Superintendent, where applicable, in the day to day duties of a project’s administration.
- Assist in plan and spec analysis in order to provide clear, track-able and coordinated interpretations of the design/drawings for construction.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date logs and track responses and advise the Project Manager & Superintendent of the status.
- Coordinate submittals and procure all close-out documents including warranties and Operating and Maintenance Manuals.
- Monitor field work, including contract work, to ensure compliance with company standards, procedures, specifications and codes.
- Participate in the continuous updating and accurate generation of as-built documents.
- Assist with the research and preparation of field change requests to resolve design issues. Conduct quality control activities in accordance with instructions, inspection programs, using specified control measuring and testing equipment.
- Understand and perform document control functions in accordance with on-site policy and procedures.
- Attend project coordination and owner/contractor/architect/engineer meetings as requested or required.
- Engineering or Construction degree or Technologist Diploma preferred. An equivalent combination of technical training plus a minimum of two years construction experience may take place of formal degree.
- 3 - 5 years experience supporting construction projects in disciplines including, but not limited to, materials, suppliers, services, or equipment
- Working knowledge of construction equipment and techniques, drawings and specifications, building materials, and required standards applicable to discipline.
- Basic understanding of Primavera is an asset.
- Proficiency in department’s computer system, department software, and typing necessary.
- Ability to assume responsibility and to interface and communicate effectively with others.
- Effective oral and written communication skills and ability to represent the company and project team in a professional manner to the Owner, Architect, related project staff and the community.
This position is a full time regular position with a competitive compensation and benefit package. Applicants are thanked in advance for their interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Willbros is an equal opportunity employer.
Indeed - 13 months ago
Willbros Canada is a fully integrated construction, maintenance and fabrication company, serving the Canadian energy industry. The company...