The HSE Advisor III acts as the lead HSE Advisor representing the Company on site with the daily responsibility for ensuring ongoing operational health, safety, and environmental compliance with the Company’s HSE program, all legislation/regulations, industry standards, and client’s expectations. The HSE Lead will fulfill these responsibilities through daily verification of compliance, consultation with company personnel, customer representatives, vendors/subcontractors relevant regulatory bodies, and industry experts and advisors.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Review and advisement of bid specifications of HSE requirements or potential impacts on the operations HSE environment.
- Review and preparation of Company HSE information for Vendor Qualification surveys, bid submission packages, and contract deliverables.
- Daily inspections and monitoring of operational compliance with the Company HSE program, legislation/regulations, industry standards, and customer requirements.
- Vendor/subcontractor evaluation of HSE compliance and performance.
- Mentor, train, and develop their Junior HSE Advisors and HSE Administrators.
- Providing HSE orientation to new employees, and visitors to site production areas (vendors, subcontractors, customer representatives or other vendors).
- Compile, report, and maintain site HSE data and statistics in accordance with the HSE program
- Perform, coordinate, and/or assist in the accident/incident investigations and the preparation of associated reports and recommendations.
- Perform daily sign-off of safety tagging and permits, where required, in accordance with the HSE program.
- Investigating, advising, and reporting on incidents or reports of “unsafe” working conditions or practices.
- Providing ongoing, training and instruction to Company personnel on HSE related issues and industry conditions.
- Acting as the site representative on HSE matters with customer representatives, regulator bodies, and industry experts.
- Post Secondary education in related field or a trade certificate.
- 5-10 years experience in heavy industrial manufacturing, shipbuilding, or the energy industry.
- CSO or CRSP designation.
- Certificate in OH&S is considered an asset.
- A self-confident team player who is comfortable dealing with people at all levels in an organization
- Respected for uncompromising integrity, work ethic and professionalism
- Energetic with a positive and enthusiastic disposition, possessing a can-do attitude
- Excellent attention to detail and proven ability to meet deadlines
- Customer focused, values oriented and results driven
This position is a full time regular position with a competitive compensation and benefit package. Applicants are thanked in advance for their interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Willbros is an equal opportunity employer.
Willbros Canada is a fully integrated construction, maintenance and fabrication company, serving the Canadian energy industry. The company...