Assist in purchasing a variety of equipment, materials and supplies for projects.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares, issues, and processes requisitions for equipment, materials and supplies
- Prepares and issues purchase orders for approval and processing
- Maintains comprehensive purchase order files
- Maintains a variety of files and records in electronic format using standard spreadsheet and database software
- Prepares summaries and various recurring reports; may initiate one-of-a-kind reports as needed
- Assists higher level Buyers as needed, to gain training and experience in differing, more complex situations
- Obtains bids from vendors and review
- Maintains inventory of tools, supplies, etc
- Obtains materials identified in Bills of Material
- Generates purchase orders, coordinates purchase and brings purchases into inventory
- Analyze and reconcile invoices with purchase orders
- Generates billing support documentation
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant experience is required
- 0 - 3 years carrying out procurement roles (engineer-spec-ed items, bulk materials, etc)
- Must have general knowledge of purchasing theory and principles.
- Strong technical and analytical skills.
- Proficiency in use of MS Office products.
- General knowledge of purchasing systems.
- Able to learn quickly and begin to exhibit ability to work independently on assignments.
- Well organized & Detail oriented.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Advocate of team concept.
- Ability to show initiative and ask questions to achieve results
Applicants are thanked in advance for their interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Willbros is an equal opportunity employer
Indeed - 14 months ago
Willbros Canada is a fully integrated construction, maintenance and fabrication company, serving the Canadian energy industry. The company...