Type of Employment: Full-time
WGP Professional Corporation requires an experienced public accountant in our Kemptville office. WGP Professional Corporation is a small accounting firm that provides a wide variety of accounting services to small and medium sized businesses, as well as individuals. We believe in providing high quality services with an emphasis on client relationships. If you are looking to be a valued asset to an accounting firm and gain experience in a breadth of accounting areas, let us show you why we are a great firm to work for!
1. Prepare audit and review engagements and related summaries.
2. Prepare financial reports, such as notice to reader, income statement, balance sheets, adjusting journal entries, and bookkeeping.
3. Examine and prepare personal and corporate tax returns and related summaries.
4. Prepare T3’s, T4’s, T5’s and related summaries.
5. Perform tax planning for individuals and corporations.
6. Create and maintain interpersonal relationships with clients.
7. Organize and prioritize work, to be completed accurately and in a timely manner.
8. Perform all duties using accounting software, such as CaseWare, Profile, Simply Accounting, QuickBooks, Excel, and word processing software.
- A minimum of three years of experience in a public accounting firm.
- Post Secondary Degree or Diploma in Accounting, Business, or related field.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of Canadian tax laws.
- Strong problem solving skills and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage time and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written, with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Previous experience using CaseWare, Profile, Tax Prep, Excel and accounting software is an asset.
Application deadline: August 25, 2014
Anticipated Start date: September 15, 2014
We offer a competitive salary and a rewarding career opportunity.
WGP is an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all candidates who apply, but only those selected will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls or agencies please.