WGP Professional Corporation requires an experienced Accounting Technician in our Ottawa office. WGP Professional Corporation is a small accounting firm that provides a wide variety of accounting services to small and medium sized businesses, as well as individuals. We believe in providing high quality services with an emphasis on client relationships. If you are looking to be a valued asset to an accounting firm and gain experience in a breadth of accounting areas, let us show you why we are a great firm to work for!
Under the administration of the Chartered Accountant (CA), and Management - analyze financial records and statements and compile electronic files, prepare client taxes and appropriate forms, and complete work in accordance with Canadian tax laws and the Professional Code of Conduct.
- Prepare audit and review engagements, and related summaries.
- Prepare compilations and related summaries.
- Examine and prepare corporate and personal tax returns.
- Prepare T4’s, T5’s and related summaries.
- Create and maintain interpersonal relationships with clients.
- Organize and prioritize work to be completed in a timely manner.
- Perform all duties using accounting software, such as CaseWare, Profile, Simply Accounting, Excel and word processing software.
- Post Secondary Degree or Diploma in Accounting, Business, or related field.
- Currently pursuing CMA, CGA, or CA designation.
- 3 years of experience in the public accounting field.
- Strong knowledge of and experience in auditing process and procedures.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written, with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Previous experience using CaseWare, Profile, Excel and other accounting software is an asset.
Application deadline: November 15, 2013
Anticipated Start date: November 20, 2013
We offer a competitive salary and a rewarding career opportunity.
WGP is an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all candidates who apply, but only those selected will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls or agencies please!
Indeed - 11 months ago
copy to clipboard