WESCO Distribution is a publicly traded Fortune 500 company and is a leading provider of electrical, industrial, and communications maintenance, repair and operating ("MRO") and original equipment manufacturers ("OEM") products, construction materials, and advanced supply chain management and logistics services. 2011 annual sales were approximately $6.13 billion. The company employs approximately 7,300 people, maintains relationships with over 17,000 suppliers, and serves over 100,000 customers worldwide.
Brief Posting Description
Work with Financial Services Manager to manage Accounts Receivable of assigned branches to achieve goals established by Director of Financial Services and National Financial Service Manager; approval of new customer accounts; protect A/R by securing personal or third party guarantees, bond/lien rights, and review of financial information.
· Compile, analyze and maintain information on credit worthiness on all customers within assignment
· Approve and control extension of credit to all customers within the limitations established within Financial Services guidelines and Limits of Authority, using credit instruments (i.e., UCC, joint checks, letters of credit, liens, payment and performance bonds, guaranties) as appropriate; make recommendations for credit limits over limits of authority
· Forecast and collect the accounts receivable in accordance with terms of sale and department objectives, with associated document support
· Train Financial Services and Branch employees and customers as appropriate
· Participate in periodic reviews of assigned accounts receivable, goals and objectives with Financial Services Manager, taking necessary action to improve performance
· Review Aging and Claims and Deductions monthly with Branch Management, taking necessary action to improve performance and achieve established goals and objectives
· Maintain aggressive follow up to ensure prompt resolution of Claims and Deductions
· Reconciliation of customer accounts, including unapplied cash, cash created credit memos and maintianing customer account in a balanced manner
· Daily customer account maintenance in conjunction with CMS group
· Conduct research as required
· Customer and branch visits to develop and maintain strong relationships
· Authority to restrict credit as appropriate and within guidelines of WESCO Policy
· Create A/R invoices or credits within scope of authority
· Prepare and submit required reports on timely basis
· Participate in Equifax Group meetings or other credit industry groups meetings as assigned
· Maintain contacts with credit profession and financial institutions
· Continuous education and improvement of skills required to perform job duties; maintain professional competence in compliance of applicable laws
· Participate in LEAN and other task force groups as determined by management
· Perform other duties as required
· 2 years credit and collection experience
· Computer literate - MS Office Products
· Proficiency in keyboarding
· Strong written, oral communication and interpersonal skills with a positive disposition
· Ability to work effectively with all levels of management to accomplish goals and objectives
· Reliable with strong organizational skills and solution-oriented philosophy
· Ability to prioritize tasks and demonstrate a willingness to accept new challenges
· Willingness to travel as required
· Willingness to accommodate temporary working hour changes as required by workflow
· College Degree preferred
· FCI, CPP or other Credit Management Accreditation
WESCO International, Inc. (NYSE: WCC), a publicly traded Fortune 500 company headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, is a leading provider of electrical, industrial, and communications maintenance, repair and operating ("MRO") and original equipment manufacturers ("OEM") products, construction materials, and advanced supply chain management and logistics services. 2011 annual sales were approximately $6.13 billion. The company employs approximately 7,300 people, maintains relationships with over 17,000 suppliers, and serves over 100,000 customers worldwide. Customers include industrial and commercial businesses, contractors, governmental agencies, institutions, telecommunications providers and utilities. WESCO operates eight fully automated distribution centers and over 400 full-service branches in North America and international markets, providing a local presence for customers and a global network to serve multi-location businesses and multi-national corporations.
For WESCO locations in Canada, we offer a competitive compensation and flexible benefit plan, pension plan, educational assistance plan and more.
WESCO values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.