Brief Posting Description
Manage Accounts Receivable of assigned branches to achieve goals established by Director of Financial Services and Region Financial Service Manager; some approval of orders to manage A/R with the Regional Financial Services Manager. Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 8:30am - 5:30pm
· Assist Financial Services Manager in compiling, analyzing and maintaining information on credit worthiness on all customers within assignment, especially with regards to collections.
· Make recommendations for credit limits to the Financial Services Manager as part of your collection efforts and within the guidelines of Wesco limits of authority
· Collect the accounts receivable in accordance with terms of sale and department objectives
· Liase with other Financial Services and Branch employees and customers as appropriate for Accounts Receivable management.
· Participate in periodic reviews of assigned accounts receivable, goals and objectives with Financial Services Manager, taking necessary action to improve performance
· Review Aging and Claims and Deductions monthly with Branch Management as part of the process to collect and clear them, taking necessary action to improve performance and achieve established goals and objectives
· Maintain aggressive follow up to ensure prompt resolution and collection of Accounts Receivable including Claims and Deductions
· Reconciliation of customer accounts, including unapplied cash
· Assist the CMS group with customer account maintenance via input.
· Customer and branch visits if required to develop and maintain strong relationships for collections.
· Authority to restrict credit as appropriate and within guidelines of WESCO Policy with the approval of Financial Services Manager.
· Prepare and submit required reports if required by the Financial Services Manager
· Continuous education and improvement of skills required to perform job duties; maintain professional competence in compliance of applicable laws
· Participate in LEAN and other task force groups as determined by management
· Perform other duties as required
· Minimum of 3 years of credit and collections experience
· Computer literate - MS Office Products
· Proficiency in keyboarding
· Strong written, oral communication and interpersonal skills with a positive disposition
· Ability to work effectively with all levels of management to accomplish goals and objectives
· Reliable with strong organizational skills and solution/results-oriented/ philosophy
· Ability to prioritize tasks and demonstrate a willingness to accept new challenges
· College Diploma/Degree in Commerce/Business/Finance preferred but not required
· Credit Institute of Canada enrollment or accreditation is helpful but not required
WESCO International, Inc. (NYSE: WCC), a publicly traded Fortune 500 holding company headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, is a leading provider of electrical, industrial, and communications maintenance, repair and operating ("MRO") and original equipment manufacturers ("OEM") product, construction materials, and advanced supply chain management and logistic services. 2012 annual sales were approximately $6.6 billion. The Company employs approximately 8,900 people, maintains relationships with over 18,000 suppliers, and serves over 65,000 active customers worldwide. Customers include commercial and industrial businesses, contractors, government agencies, institutions, telecommunications providers and utilities. WESCO operates eight fully automated distribution centers and approximately 475 full-service branches in North America and international markets, providing a local presence for customers and a global network to serve multi-location businesses and multi-national corporations.
For WESCO locations in Canada, we offer a competitive compensation and flexible benefit plan, pension plan, educational assistance plan and more.
WESCO values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.