Coordinates all human resources related activities. Evaluates existing human resources system and improves where possible. Develops and implements required tools or programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performance, Compensation and Benefits:
- Coordinates the performance evaluation system with Upper management.
- Assists in creating job descriptions for new positions.
- Assists the Controller in developing and maintaining a career-planning program for key employees in every area.
- Administers all Government requirements, including Pay Equity, Training and CSST.
- Administers all company benefit programs which include the group insurance plan, R.S.P. plan, Canada Savings Bonds and potential new benefits.
- Coordinates all activities related to the training procedure and tracks training to comply with bill 90, and I.S.O. training procedure requirements.
- Assists managers in locating suppliers for training activities.
- Coordinates training activities with the managers for new and existing employees.
3. Recruiting and Selection of Personnel.
- Update job descriptions and creates job postings for recruitment both internally and externally.
- Screens CVs, conducts initial interviews and participates in the selection process of new employees.
- Improves recruiting and selection tools.
4. Company Policies and Labour Laws
- Assists in maintaining company policies (employee's manual) and human resources procedures when necessary.
- Advises and coaches managers and supervisors on labour laws restrictions. Interpersonal conflicts, intercultural differences or any other human resources related problems. Recommends proper actions in these situations.
5. Health and Safety
- Chairs the Health and Safety committee to ensure safety in all areas.
- Coordinates all Health and Safety programs/activities including the Wellness program, plant and office tours, follow-up activities, information sessions, training, etc.
6. Payroll Responsibilities:
- Performs all payroll activities bi-weekly for hourly and salaried employees including the calculation of overtime and vacation pay.
- Ensures required modifications are made to payroll system.
7. Labour Relations:
- Manages along with management team all labour relations.
7. Others Responsibilities:
- Ensures employees' personnel files are maintained.
- Performs orientation for new employees.
- Assists Controller in yearend payroll requirements.
Ability to plan, organize and coordinate. Must be able to prioritize tasks and work under pressure to meet deadlines. Diplomacy, discretion and professionalism are essential.
GUIDANCE AND AUTHORITY:
Reports directly to the Controller who provides guidance and resources.
- All managers; provide assistance in all human resources project or reviews.
- Employees; to maintain personnel files, benefits, employee relations, etc.
- Government officials; for special projects or funding.
- Training and education related suppliers.
- All recruiting sources.
- Payroll professionals.
- Mutual prevention group, CSST.
- Sound knowledge of human resources practice and procedures.
- Experience in payroll administration.
- Bilingual (French/English)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of labour laws.
- Knowledge of payroll procedures.
- Intermediate knowledge of Word, Outlook and the Internet.
- Basic knowledge of Excel.
- Organizational, planning and problem solving skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
Education: Human Resources Management Degree / Certificate required.
Experience: 3-5 years experience in a human resources coordinator/administrator position.