We live under the sink, in the garage, and in the toolboxes of the world. WD-40 Company has best-in-class products and we are seeking best-in-class talent. Our tribe has a common passion, dedication, and commitment to excellence. Your creativity, agility, and talent will help keep us in the forefront of our industry.
We are a small company with gigantic brands and a global reach. At WD-40 Company everyone is a key contributor. We foster a strong culture of learning and accountability in a relaxed, team environment. We seek people who share our values and strive to leave positive and lasting memories in all their interactions. While the nearly 60 year-old formulation of WD-40 remains a secret, it is no secret that our passion for our people, culture, and products is what distinguishes us.
We are currently seeking a passionate and driven National Accounts Manager (NAM) to join our small team in Toronto. The position will manage a portfolio of approximately 100 key accounts. The ideal candidate will have broad experience in CPG/FMCG/Hard Goods national account management, calling on automotive, mass, industrial and/or hardware channels. Leadership of industrial and office supply channel brokers is key to the success of this position. Experience with Walmart national account planning, development and implementation is highly desirable.
The successful applicant will demonstrate his/her motivation to meet and exceed personal and team goals while establishing sincere and professional relationships. This position is responsible for implementation of company programs to meet direct and indirect sales goals for all assigned accounts. In addition, the National Account Manager will achieve direct and indirect call objectives.
Background & Expertise: 5 years of relevant national account management in the Canadian market
Education Completed: Bachelor Degree in business or relevant field – highly desirable
Drivers License: Current and valid driver’s license is required
Systems: Wal-Mart Retail Link, MS Office suite
Summary of Responsibilities:
1. Apply a broad base of knowledge covering all WD-40 Company’s features and benefits to achieve all sales goals including region and company EBITDA.
2. Manage and develop assigned accounts through the interaction with all key decision makers to attain predetermined sales objectives. Actively participate in the development and implementation of sales strategies/plans to deliver on Net Invoice Sales (NIS), Net Sales and EBITDA from all direct and indirect customers. Secure strategically placed off-shelf displays and promotions. Ensure that distribution and department plan-o-grams are maintained and enhanced to obtain measured sales goals.
3. Manage retail objectives including distribution of new items, selling of promotional displays, space management, retail pricing strategy, inventory and retail communication material.
4. Prepare and present months, quarterly & annual forecasts. Communicate forecast adjustments promptly to help company maximize production efficiencies.
5. Maximize and support marketing programs and policies in all promotional opportunities. Assist in development of constructive policy, program and planning concepts to further the company’s sales goals.
6. Communicate and constructively partner with cross functional teams to achieve mutually agreed upon objectives. Maintain written and verbal communications with managers on a regular basis as needed and required.
7. Operate within company control guidelines & budgets to achieve cost objectives.
8. Perform other related activities as needed to support corporate objectives. Act in the best interest of the company by applying stated corporate values and priorities to all communications, decisions, and actions.
The Sales Manager will be based in Toronto with required territory travel ± 10%.
- Global Headquarters in San Diego since 1953
- Over 30 years trading on the NASDAQ: WDFC
- Finalist of Most Democratic Workplaces 2013
- Learning based culture that supports the growth and development of our team members
- Our benefits package is very competitive and comprehensive, providing you and your family with extensive protection and security, along with quality, life-enhancing programs to include; salary, profit sharing, bonus potential for everyone, company car!
Please, only consider employment with WD-40 Company if you feel as strongly about our values as we do: We live, breathe, and play by our values every day.
- We value doing the right thing.
- We value creating positive lasting memories in all our relationships.
- We value making it better than it is today.
- We value succeeding as a Tribe while excelling as individuals.
- We value owning it and passionately acting on it.
- We value sustaining the WD-40 Company economy.
Thank you for considering careers at WD-40 Company