Looking to get involved in the fun & dynamic arts?
W&M Dance Projects of Calgary Association (www.wmdance.com) is looking for a Volunteer Coordinator:
- POSITION: Part-time, contract basis (approx. 4 hours per week)
- START DATE: March 1, 2013
- JOB SUMMARY: The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for development and implementation of the organization’s Volunteer Program and supervision of all the organization’s volunteers.
- REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: reports to General Manager
- Work in cooperation with General Manager to determine volunteer requirements for the organization.
- Recruit, schedule and provide benefits to all organization volunteers to fill company’s yearly volunteer requirements.
- Manage the yearly budget for the Volunteer Program.
- All communications and follow-up with organization’s volunteers.
- Coordinate Volunteer Appreciation activities.
- Plan and host volunteer recruitment and orientation sessions.
- Update and maintain the volunteer database.
- Other duties as required.
- Specific experience with and knowledge of volunteer recruitment & coordination for previous non-profit organizations is required.
- Have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Self-starter, ability to work independently.
- Have strong organizational skills, with a strong ability to follow through to meet deadlines while working without supervision.
- Be reliable, hard-working, conscientious and a team player with a positive attitude.
- Proven interpersonal and leadership skills, experience with volunteer-run organizations, work well independently and with others.
- Be creative, resourceful, flexible, and take initiative.
- Have basic computer literacy (knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook)
REMUNERATION: hourly wage commensurate with experience
TO APPLY: Forward your CV to organization by email. Application deadline February 20, 2013
- Only those candidates who meet the criteria will be contacted for an interview. Thank you.
Indeed - 9 months ago
W&M Dance Projects is the umbrella name encompassing two contemporary dance programs under the artistic direction of Wojciech Mochniej...