VWR International

VWR International Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Current Position
Vendor Management Specialist (Current Employee), Radnor, PAJune 13, 2014
Pros: ability to work independently and the health care
Cons: working remote
I have been with my company for 8 years and know my job well. I work independently and now, I am working remote for my company. The hardest part of my job right now is not being in the office after so many years of being able to get up and go speak to anyone face to face, I now have to work smarter.
A typical day is very fast paced and I normally have – more... multiple projects I am working on at any given time. My time is needed by my Senior team, their departments, my AP team and all my vendors.
I have learned quite a lot in my years here, very valuable skills dealing with my Vendors and the different areas of our business. – less
Loved the company, they took care of their employees
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Brisbane, CAMay 2, 2014
Pros: good communication within the company
Cons: they closed the facility
#1 Distribution company in the US and International. Very good company to work for and advancement opportunities. I spent over 40 years with the same company. They are loyal to their people. I have had many job responsibilities during my career. Customer service call center in Brisbane, relocated all to Batavia, New Jersey and Suwanee, GA.
Many opportunities – more... of training in credit department, inventory control, customer service and order entry. It was like a family environment. Met and worked with many wonderful people. – less
Good workplace
Scientific Sales Representative (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKApril 25, 2014
Pros: life science sales, learning from multiple researchers
Cons: pay, limitied mobility
Each day at VWR, I would visit my customers in a life science laboratory. I would strive to learn about their process, and exactly what they were trying to accomplish in their lab. It was exciting to learn bits and pieces of research throughout my territory, and to be a resource to my customers. As I represented over 400,000 products, I worked my best – more... to customize my sales to a customer's needs; so that they would not be overwhelmed by the vastness of the available options. – less
Enjoy yorking in a safe place
Team Leader (Former Employee), Sugar Land, TXApril 18, 2014
Working have been a part of my life. I believe in a strong team with a very good leading by exemple in a most safe way. No matter how the job can be hard a smart managment can bring the tools to make it done.
Productive/High energy fun enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Suwanee GeorgiaApril 7, 2014
Working environment is high energy and stress, however it is coupled with free lunches.
Great environment to work with Genentech at Genentech
On-Site Procurement Consultant (Former Employee), South San Francisco, CAApril 3, 2014
Supplying, ordering materials to keep all of their manufacturing, R&D, quality control and QC Microbiology's processes going smoothly.
Fair benefits. Low pay for industry.
Chemical Technician (Current Employee), Chandler, AZMarch 19, 2014
I'm a chemical technician and the best part about my job is I have a lot of free time. I can do homework, read, whatever I want. The bad part is VWR laid off a lot of people about a year ago and everyone feels like it may happen again. And those of us that stayed on the contract had to take a pay cut.
Fun place to work
Associate - Global X-Reference (Current Employee), Coimbatore, TNMarch 6, 2014
Pros: meal coupon, insurance benefit, vacation leave
A great workplace with multi culturral talent reside, fun place to work, enjoy learn, teach,
Mangement is more supportive and listen to each associates
Great experience
Foup Washer / Intel Ocotillo Plant (Former Employee), Chandler, AZFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: great working environment
Cons: long hours (12 hour shifts)
Great work experience with exposure to working in a clean room environment. Co-workers were nice, attentive and educated. Management was very thorough with instructions and goals. 12 hour shifts were a bit tough to get used to.
VWR International, Inc
Consolidated Billing Coordinator (Former Employee), West Chester, PAFebruary 17, 2014
VWR International, Inc now known as VWR International, LLC.
International Scientific distribution company. Well run. Good Management.
VWR International
Senior Billing Coordinator (Former Employee), West Chester, PAFebruary 17, 2014
Held positions in various departments. Business is well run. International company in the science distribution business.
A great company where I was able to drive sales growth, mentor sales professionals and get rewarded for overachievement.
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Arlington Heights, ILFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: flexibility, autonomy, sales tools, training, benefits, great co-workers
Cons: territory changes, administrative work
My passion for driving sales through the Inside Sales channel was and still is extremely rewarding for me. The bottom line is that if you seek to understand what is most important to your customer, get at their pain points and align yourself as a partner to help them solve their problems you will be successful!
I was very fortunate to have such great – more... leaders in my tenure at VWR where I was able to learn by example how to better my management skills. – less
work
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Visalia, CAJanuary 24, 2014
I learned how to do different functions at VWR from put away department to special services.
Excellent Employer with Opportunity to Grow
Manager (Former Employee), Batavia, ILJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: great culture, genuine leaders
I loved working for VWR. I truly had a sense that my ideas were heard, and the team I worked with helped me grow as a professional. There were opportunities to develop other skills and get involved. They really did a great job investing in their employees, and also have a genuine sense that their employees are their greatest asset.
Productive and Fun at work place
Procurement Associate (Current Employee), Coimbatore, TNDecember 21, 2013
It is a good platform for the beginers.
VWR Concentrates the Associates in not learning only the processes, they give much importance in learning the actual business.
Time line is always planned well
Highest quality control standards for education.
Microscope slide technician (Former Employee), Rochester, NYDecember 13, 2013
Very productive assembly line type routine. Cooperative work between departments regarding what production was needed.
N/A
Sr.Associate - Reporting & Analytics (Current Employee), Coimbatore, TNDecember 7, 2013
Expecting good workspace, Better prospects.Expecting good workspace, Better prospects.Expecting good workspace, Better prospects.Expecting good workspace, Better prospects.Expecting good workspace, Better prospects.Expecting good workspace, Better prospects.Expecting good workspace, Better prospects.Expecting good workspace, Better prospects.Expecting – more... good workspace, Better prospects.Expecting good workspace, Better prospects.Expecting good workspace, Better prospects. – less
Not a fun place to work.
Employee (Former Employee), Radnor, PANovember 25, 2013
Pros: middle of the road compensation
Cons: continuing reductions in force require fewer and fewer people to do more and more work.
Typical private equity held company where unrealistic year on year gains are expected and shortfalls are made up via reduction in force.
Great place
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Brisbane, QLDNovember 21, 2013
Pros: good benefits, excellent training.
Cons: no complaints
It was a great company, felt very comfortable working there.
Productive work environment
Customer Contact Associate - Supervisor (Former Employee), Brisbane, CANovember 20, 2013
Pros: the opportunity to work in an productive industry
Cons: nothing negative to say
Ensuring customer's orders were processed in a timely manner.

I learned a great deal about logistics.

Management was okay.

Great co-workers who cared about the customer's needs.

Inconsistent computer systems.

Meeting customer's requirements.

About VWR International

VWR (NASDAQ: VWR), headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, is a leading, independent provider of laboratory products, services – Read more

VWR International Photos