Vuteq Canada Inc. Employee Reviews

Great 3rd party automotive company!
Quality Engineer/ New Programs Co-Ordinator (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON23 October 2017
I was responsible for the quality for the GM door trim line. I addressed any concerns that came from the assembly plants ( CAMI and Oshawa). Had to root cause and solve the problem.

Management was great. Very cooperative.

I left the company for personal reasons ( got married and was relocating to another country), else I would have never left and would still be living there!
It was like working with a family
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON6 October 2017
A typical day at work on either day or afternoon shift was relatively easy going, we kept to tact time and followed our standardized work charts to complete our assigned jobs in a manner that ensured quality and safety.
I learned many hands on skills that would prove to be very useful in completing tasks in fast paced environment while ensuring all requirements were met and or exceeded
Management treated you with respect and cared about you well being, safety and health as a worker
It was like working with one giant family
The hardest part of the job was maintaining a six day work week and a social life, as well as becoming accustomed to actually working within tact time
The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with who always made the day go by faster and the being able to come together as a group in order to produce a product we had all had a part in creating
Pros
My co-workers were like family
Cons
Six day work week
Friendly open environment.
Production Assembler (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON24 September 2017
Good work, reasonable salary, but poor management. Overall a good place to work and never once did I not want to go to work. Summer and Christmas bonuses are also an awesome perk of the job!
fun place to work
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON7 September 2017
the shift times are a little harsh but overall you work with fun nice people there there is a lot of standing around and doing the same thing all day.
The turnover is super high due to poor management and treatment of employees
Production Assembler (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON22 July 2017
Poor treatment of employees and favoritism is given to buddies of supervisors.
It's difficult to have a work/life balance.
Not enough time given for breaks and lunches with the volume of people trying to get to the bathroom during the same time.
Pros
free turkey at Christmas
Cons
Long hours, poor treatment of employees
Productive but not the best enviroment
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON11 July 2017
Personally, I found the management to be poor while working at Vuteq along with some other issues. I tried reporting certain problems that I felt should be voiced but did not receive much help.
Pros
Reliable hours
Cons
Poor management
Productive workplace
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON22 June 2017
great place to work, amazing staff and management, overall just a good job and I would definitely reccomend it to anyone.
any department you work in is friendly and welcoming
vutec
i.p (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON8 June 2017
looking to do a mass lay off i wouldnt waste your time.They are looking to keep production running after having cami took a 100 of vutecs workers and then later informed them they will be laying them off. i have a feeling the cami workers will be giving their jobs back and you will loose yours
online worker
Gm Door Trim (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON5 June 2017
Good for exp but the people and management arent the greatest. Basically people don't know whats good or bad. I was working on the line for arm rest and I tell you the things they would pass for good parts weren't pass able. Well I know I wouldn't pass them.
Pros
Good money and hours
Cons
management
poor communication and poor upper management
Glass department (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON25 April 2017
I was treated unfairly compared to any other employee and it seemed like the people who didn't really want to work got promoted to a better position (which led them to power trip) I hurt myself on the job and tried to fill an incident report but when i went to my leader they said to me they did not want to fill out the papers because it's too much to do. Not only that, if you miss ONE DAY WITH A DOCTOR'S NOTE it doesn't matter and you will still be let go it seems.
Vuteq Canada as a WHOLE is really not a bad work environment, WOODSTOCK VUTEQ is NOT an ideal place at all to work. As I mentioned before, they have poor communication between upper management and the employees and, they claim to be "family friendly" they are not. The overtime there is ridiculous and you most likely cannot refuse the overtime. The contract may say the work week is 40 hours but there will be times where upper management will wait until the very end of your shift to let you know that you are staying an extra 3-4 hours mandatory.
It's your choice, but that is my two cents worth to add to the reviews.
Pros
good pay
Cons
lots of overtime, poor management
hard work, less money
Production associate (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON1 April 2017
worked as production associate for 7 months and quit the job because of the very bad environment (management, building, the pay..). this job is only for certain people OR as a last resort for unemployed people...
Pros
close to many amenities
Cons
low pay, non healthy work place (noise, fumes..) bad mangement
Don't do it
General (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON16 January 2017
This company was in bed with SRG for so long. Only people making money were these 2 companies. Never offered permanent employment to the temps, for over a year, and paid $13 an hour. Now the They are offering perm positions for over $16 an hour, due to SRG incompetence. Crooked temp system we have going on in this province
Pros
Not much
Cons
Never get out of being a temp
Terrible place
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON28 November 2016
Working at vuteq was probably one of the worst experiences I've had in a workplace. The management is unprofessional and they do not care about their employees.

Thankfully I got out pretty quickly and trust me when I say if you decide to work here you will regret it.
Rewarding place to work if you enjoy working with your hands
Automotive Assembler (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON5 December 2015
My work shift was either days or afternoons,
There was never a lack of opportunities to learn new areas,
Floor Managers were easy to get along with,
I enjoyed working with my co-workers,
What I enjoyed most was working with my hands and learning new things.
Pros
Gave us free lunches now and then, yearly bonus
Cons
A lot of overtime
Great place to work but declining.
Multi-Department Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON26 September 2015
In many ways a great place to work. Support system has stalled as the company grows. Many great people make going to work worth it.
Work was fine, management lacking
auto assembly GM Trim (Former Employee) –  woodstock, on10 July 2015
management of the GM Trim line were terrible, praising you one day, the yelling at you the next, if your not a child then don't work here, they have no respect for work ethic. The staff were overall pretty awesome I enjoyed working with them and was sad to see me go, but glad I didn't stay in that place, takes almost a year to get a contract and then 5 years until full time, they treat the temps like garbage and your repeatedly told as a group to keep your mouths shut and build doors, it's a good job to get your manufacturing experience but that's it.
Pros
staff, events
Cons
6 days a week, bad management
Excellent experience
Production Coordinator / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON17 June 2015
Vuteq is a company that has grown over the 25 plus years that I have known it. I was fortunate to have had the experience to travel to Japan several times which most can say it is a once in a life time event and have worked very close with the Japanese learning from them as they have come to learn from us.
good hours
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON7 June 2015
Factory line assembling car parts
Standing for long periods of time
Always something to do
good coworkers
staff lunch and pot lucks
Pros
Cons
on feet all day
Steady work with lots of people constant change
ASSEMBLY LINE WORKER (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON9 February 2015
Typically a day in Vuteq is fast-paced, and busy. It is enjoyable as long as everyone is in a good mood.
It is extremely important to maintain a great attendance and to keep your head down. Management can be easily manipulated by those who enjoy drama and that is the hardest part.
However, a lot of great people work there and it is nice to receive the bonus pizzas, gift cards, and events that a lot of other placements do not get.
Pros
Pizza Parties
Cons
Drama
fun events were planned due to thehigh demand put on associates
Laborer (Former Employee) –  plant 2 IP liine29 July 2014
Fast pace work, hot temperatures during the summer, long hours and 6 days a week rotational shifts.
Pros
Dinners, lunches, christmas parties
Cons
bad turn over rate and lack of employes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vuteq Canada Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9