Voyageur Transportation Services Employee Reviews

Not worth it
Patient Transfer Attendant (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON12 January 2018
I really enjoyed working for Voyageur at first. It’s a great job to get patient contact experience and you meet some great people and learn a lot about health conditions. Great hands on for paramedic students. The patient care is what kept me there for so long. Eventually injuries sustained, treatment from supervisors, and the outsourcing of patient transfer to subcontractors made it not worth staying. It is very hard on your body and many times you will end up lifting more than the required 250lb patients. Hospitals don’t communicate properly and neither does dispatch. You get talked down to by every health professional you come into contact with. If you get injured you get treated like it was your fault even though they hire inexperienced and undertrained staff that can’t lift properly. Don’t ever expect to get thanked by supervisors for your hard work but you will be thanked by patients, which I was always grateful for. This company has outsourced majority of their patient transfer because they only care about making money. They are greedy and don’t care about patients or staff out on the road that make their business work. Some coworkers are great but most of them lost their jobs when they went to outsourcing.
Pros
Patients and experience. Some good coworkers.
Cons
Unfair minimum wages. Unfair treatment. Hard on the body.
Left due to unsafe work environement
Bus/Coach/Charter Driver (Former Employee) –  Carp, ON10 January 2018
Poor management, NO communication and poorly trained staff and drivers! Monies owed!!
Expect you to work full-days for part pays!!
Constant barrage of emails, surveys and feedback from Headquarters!
Forced to work on poor snowy 30cm of snow days!
Both insafe and unsmart!!
Rather be on welfare than work for these stupidest people in the world!
THANK GOD FOR RETIREMENT!11
Driver
Driver (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON6 January 2018
Office staff unprofessional. They dont care for the drivers. They pay crumbs and expect alot. The whole bus industry needs a union and fast. No lunch room. Bathroom one for men and ladies.
Pros
Good friends formed
Cons
Wages very low
Unkind, Unfair Cheap
PTA (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON21 December 2017
I worked for this company for over 2 years, its cheap, don't expect a raise- the management is rude- the new location sharing with schools is a joke- there is no lunch room, no perks, we are a glorified taxi service. Working over 13 hour days a lot and management doesn't thank you or care. Upper team gets perks and has meetings we meet maybe once a year and its a joke maybe two staff show up.

Worst company
Pros
nothing- made friends ?
Cons
everything
Terrible company morale
Bus driver (Current Employee) –  London, ON11 December 2017
Almost everyone I speak to at this company (including some supervisors) hate working here. Would leave in a heartbeat if they could find something else. Terrible wages...long hours...redundancy everywhere.
Pros
Some good coworkers
Cons
Everything else
Go Elsewhere
PTA (Current Employee) –  London, ON8 December 2017
This company is in no way out to help its employees. There is no incentive to work unless your a student looking to up there resume. To do the things required for this position and only make minimal wage. They will promise you a lot to get you hired then go against there word. You've been warned
Pros
only for paramedic students
Cons
wage, risks, dispatch, job securityand shifts are subject to change wihin 8 hours of start time
Not what you expect
Private ambulance attentant (Former Employee) –  London, ON16 October 2017
Equipment was always breaking down, many times even after i put in a work order it wouldnt be fixed. (Couldnt pass a circle check yet they'd always leave vehicle out for u to take)
On call yet hired for part time status yet given no shifts.
Experience was amazing however i wouldn't work for this company again.
Pros
Always changing/all weather
Cons
On call, unreliable vehicles/equipment
Respectful staff, but hard on your body for $14/h
Patient Transfer Attendant (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON24 September 2017
Very long days that go by very slow if you're with a partner you don't get along with. Pays the most that I've seen amongst all patient transfer jobs. Obviously no automatic stretchers, so can be tough on your knees/lower back over time.
Pros
Downtime
Growing Company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ontario6 April 2017
if you are up to a fast paced environment there are plenty of opportunities to advance - try something new and learn about the business.
Voyageur offer incentives for learning and certificate programs and community service.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Some Shift Work
Awesome experience
Driver /Lead hand (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON24 March 2017
Opportunities are endless, you get out what you put in. Hard work and dedication is acknowledged and rewarded. If you like a ever changing face paced environment I recommend. The thankful parents and students makes the poor weather at times worth it.
Pros
Opportunity /Expereince/Fast paced
Cons
Traffic and driving conditions
Excellent company with plenty of opportunities
Recruitment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON23 March 2017
This is definitely a company you would like to work for. Here you are always given all the resources to grow and succeed. Everyone is very helpful and willing to share information. Great environment to work at. Communication is a priority and it makes all the difference in the world.
Overall you always know where you stand, what the expectations are and you are provided with ways to meet the.
People usually stay with the Voyageur for many years and it also tells a lot about the organization.
Pros
Flexible schedule, very helpful co-workers
Great company if you like helping people
Patient Transfer Attendant (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON22 March 2017
Get to work daily meeting people in need of help in medical transit. Every day is different. You will never get bored. The company is well received by all hospitals we work in.
Pros
Flexible schedule, consist pay, driving experience
Great Company
Patient Transfer Attendant (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON22 March 2017
Worked for Voyageur for 4+ years now. I can honestly say best employer I have worked for (and I've worked for many). I have provided ideas to management and they have implemented them. I work along side great people everyday. I get to take care of people and go home feeling good about what I do. Driving along the lake shore and downtown Toronto everyday is a sweet perk. Always cool stuff going on and a great view. Nice to work in a job that both indoor/outdoor.
Pros
Pride in work
Good supervisors, team environment
Driver (Former Employee) –  London, ON22 March 2017
I enjoyed my time as a driver with Voyageur. Good place to work if you are looking for a career change or you simply enjoy driving.
Good benefits when you advance to full time hours.
Pros
Room for advancement, and good training
Cons
Working on weekends
I enjoy the family atmosphere.
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ON22 March 2017
I started as a part time driver and have worked my way up into a management position. I especially appreciate the team spirit and the support I receive both from my team and from my manager.
Pros
We worked together to get the job done.
Cons
Can't think of any.
A great place to work with opportunity to grow
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Central Ontario22 March 2017
I have been with Voyageur Patient Transfer for over 3 years now and have had an opportunity to grow and move ahead in this exciting fast paced company
Pros
Growth with freedom to work to YOUR schedule
Great coworkers
Driver (Current Employee) –  London, ON12 March 2017
Great co workers and immediate supervisors. Good job for part time work. I've mostly enjoyed working here, with only a few minor issues. Staff are good people but management needs to get back down to earth and realize that the people that work for them aren't slaves!
Pros
Licence upgrade, training
Cons
poor wages
Low moral
Patient Transfer Attendant (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON9 February 2017
Horrible moral at this place of work. Don't expect to work where you start your day. Due to poor dispatching and resource management you may be a "Scarborough crew" but expect to be working in Barrie, Midland, Bracebridge etc. ...
Dispatch and the hospitals have a bad relationship. Dispatch lies to them about their crews eta's and in return the hospital likes to leave out important info like weight. So when you show up and the pt is >250lbs don't expect a lift assist because dispatch has probably mismanaged their trucks and everyone else is hours away.
For those of you who are paramedic, nursing, fire students this is a fairly good job to learn how to drive an ambulance sized vehicle, interact with hospital staff, pt's and family. Just dnt get comfy and dnt expect much.
Pros
Free time
Think Twice!!
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, ON22 December 2016
Very poorly mamaged by upper management..if you ever see them. Management has no clue what the employees actually have to do to make their "wonderful ideas" work. The computer programs and computers themselves are ancient and continually breakdown, results in everything being done manually...yet nobody has been trained how to do it that way...chaos for drivers and customers. Many longtime employees treat new people poorly, often bully them, swear at them..if you complain nothing is done. HR is a joke, they are too busy trying to look "pretty" and don't get much done. There is a huge disconnect between each division of the company and they don't want to hear about what doesn't work...you must find a way to make it work to managements satisfaction, which can change almost daily.
Pros
Some co workers are wonderful
Cons
Poor wages, clueless management, no appreciation
Will work you until you burn out
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  London, ON20 September 2016
A typical work day was chaos. Very little support from upper management as a lower level manager. I learned a lot about what I didn't want in an employer or in a career. Co-workers made the job tolerable and I met some of my favourite people here. The pay is poor unless you are upper management (VP or above). I've seen many reviews saying that management (assuming lower level, ops) is awful, but there is no support from upper management, so what can be expected? If you need experience, get it and move on. There is not much commitment to safety, morality or ethics here. Will not be a lifelong position you'll want to keep regardless of the role.
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Everything else...