Voyageur Transportation Services Employee Reviews

Not what you expect
Private ambulance attentant (Former Employee) –  London, ON16 October 2017
Equipment was always breaking down, many times even after i put in a work order it wouldnt be fixed. (Couldnt pass a circle check yet they'd always leave vehicle out for u to take)
On call yet hired for part time status yet given no shifts.
Experience was amazing however i wouldn't work for this company again.
Pros
Always changing/all weather
Cons
On call, unreliable vehicles/equipment
Respectful staff, but hard on your body for $14/h
Patient Transfer Attendant (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON24 September 2017
Very long days that go by very slow if you're with a partner you don't get along with. Pays the most that I've seen amongst all patient transfer jobs. Obviously no automatic stretchers, so can be tough on your knees/lower back over time.
Pros
Downtime
Growing Company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ontario6 April 2017
if you are up to a fast paced environment there are plenty of opportunities to advance - try something new and learn about the business.
Voyageur offer incentives for learning and certificate programs and community service.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Some Shift Work
Awesome experience
Driver /Lead hand (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON24 March 2017
Opportunities are endless, you get out what you put in. Hard work and dedication is acknowledged and rewarded. If you like a ever changing face paced environment I recommend. The thankful parents and students makes the poor weather at times worth it.
Pros
Opportunity /Expereince/Fast paced
Cons
Traffic and driving conditions
Excellent company with plenty of opportunities
Recruitment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON23 March 2017
This is definitely a company you would like to work for. Here you are always given all the resources to grow and succeed. Everyone is very helpful and willing to share information. Great environment to work at. Communication is a priority and it makes all the difference in the world.
Overall you always know where you stand, what the expectations are and you are provided with ways to meet the.
People usually stay with the Voyageur for many years and it also tells a lot about the organization.
Pros
Flexible schedule, very helpful co-workers
Great company if you like helping people
Patient Transfer Attendant (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON22 March 2017
Get to work daily meeting people in need of help in medical transit. Every day is different. You will never get bored. The company is well received by all hospitals we work in.
Pros
Flexible schedule, consist pay, driving experience
Great Company
Patient Transfer Attendant (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON22 March 2017
Worked for Voyageur for 4+ years now. I can honestly say best employer I have worked for (and I've worked for many). I have provided ideas to management and they have implemented them. I work along side great people everyday. I get to take care of people and go home feeling good about what I do. Driving along the lake shore and downtown Toronto everyday is a sweet perk. Always cool stuff going on and a great view. Nice to work in a job that both indoor/outdoor.
Pros
Pride in work
Good supervisors, team environment
Driver (Former Employee) –  London, ON22 March 2017
I enjoyed my time as a driver with Voyageur. Good place to work if you are looking for a career change or you simply enjoy driving.
Good benefits when you advance to full time hours.
Pros
Room for advancement, and good training
Cons
Working on weekends
I enjoy the family atmosphere.
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ON22 March 2017
I started as a part time driver and have worked my way up into a management position. I especially appreciate the team spirit and the support I receive both from my team and from my manager.
Pros
We worked together to get the job done.
Cons
Can't think of any.
A great place to work with opportunity to grow
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Central Ontario22 March 2017
I have been with Voyageur Patient Transfer for over 3 years now and have had an opportunity to grow and move ahead in this exciting fast paced company
Pros
Growth with freedom to work to YOUR schedule
Great coworkers
Driver (Current Employee) –  London, ON12 March 2017
Great co workers and immediate supervisors. Good job for part time work. I've mostly enjoyed working here, with only a few minor issues. Staff are good people but management needs to get back down to earth and realize that the people that work for them aren't slaves!
Pros
Licence upgrade, training
Cons
poor wages
Low moral
Patient Transfer Attendant (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON9 February 2017
Horrible moral at this place of work. Don't expect to work where you start your day. Due to poor dispatching and resource management you may be a "Scarborough crew" but expect to be working in Barrie, Midland, Bracebridge etc. ...
Dispatch and the hospitals have a bad relationship. Dispatch lies to them about their crews eta's and in return the hospital likes to leave out important info like weight. So when you show up and the pt is >250lbs don't expect a lift assist because dispatch has probably mismanaged their trucks and everyone else is hours away.
For those of you who are paramedic, nursing, fire students this is a fairly good job to learn how to drive an ambulance sized vehicle, interact with hospital staff, pt's and family. Just dnt get comfy and dnt expect much.
Pros
Free time
Think Twice!!
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, ON22 December 2016
Very poorly mamaged by upper management..if you ever see them. Management has no clue what the employees actually have to do to make their "wonderful ideas" work. The computer programs and computers themselves are ancient and continually breakdown, results in everything being done manually...yet nobody has been trained how to do it that way...chaos for drivers and customers. Many longtime employees treat new people poorly, often bully them, swear at them..if you complain nothing is done. HR is a joke, they are too busy trying to look "pretty" and don't get much done. There is a huge disconnect between each division of the company and they don't want to hear about what doesn't work...you must find a way to make it work to managements satisfaction, which can change almost daily.
Pros
Some co workers are wonderful
Cons
Poor wages, clueless management, no appreciation
Will work you until you burn out
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  London, ON20 September 2016
A typical work day was chaos. Very little support from upper management as a lower level manager. I learned a lot about what I didn't want in an employer or in a career. Co-workers made the job tolerable and I met some of my favourite people here. The pay is poor unless you are upper management (VP or above). I've seen many reviews saying that management (assuming lower level, ops) is awful, but there is no support from upper management, so what can be expected? If you need experience, get it and move on. There is not much commitment to safety, morality or ethics here. Will not be a lifelong position you'll want to keep regardless of the role.
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Everything else...
Worst company to ever work for
Patient Transfer Attendant (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON7 August 2016
This company is a horrible company to work for. HR is completely useless. Pay is pathetic, $12 an hour is definitely not worth the what you put up with from supervisors, the hours you work and the way you're treated picking up and dropping off patients. I heard and experienced supervisor degrading people, yelling and swearing at employees in front off other staff and gossiping about workers to other workers. If you injure yourself they treat you like absolute garbage with no concern about how you are.
For anyone thinking about working for this company, think twice, it'll be a huge mistake. You'll be treated horribly. Not worth it.
Pros
Absolutely NONE
Cons
Everything. Treatment, pay, hours and lack off recognition for any good you've done.
Is it possible to give zero stars?
Patient Transfer Attendant (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON5 August 2016
This place is horrible, honestly, don't even bother. $12/hr to transport sick people...are you kidding me? All you'll be doing is making the family that owns the company richer and richer...seriously think about what you're about to apply for. If your a paramedic student and someone tells you Voyageur is good "stretcher experience" that's a joke..The only thing you'll gain here is a lifestyle well below the poverty line. Read all the other reviews...its not like its a conspiracy, its just a horrible, horrible, greedy company. Honestly guys...nothing positive here and management is a joke BIG TIME.
Have a good day everyone

DL
Pros
Cons
Everything else
Stepping stone for Paramedic Students.
Patient Transfer Attendant (Former Employee) –  London, ON13 June 2016
This company is a joke. You will make $12 an hour to transport patients in and out of hospitals. There are companies who pay more for people to deliver packages. Management is completely backwards. High turnover rate due to low wages and mistreatment of staff. I once overheard a manager swearing and belittling a supervisor while HR and other staff members were present. Oh yeah, another thing... HR is not there to help you. Have a problem? They're on vacation. Pay is messed up? Wait 6 weeks for it to be fixed. This job is only ideal for paramedic students during summer or between their schedules. Don't expect to be treated nicely or any praise for using your medical skills. While on the job I saved a handful of patients lives, and had patients die while transporting. Not once did I have any praise or have anyone speak to me about next steps. All while making $12 an hour.
Pros
Make friends
Cons
Noted below
lies all lies
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  London, ON5 June 2016
get you in on the prentice that the work will be full time then lie and say they have someone else in mind
you have long work hours terrible management
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything you could think about, long hours, no benefits, terrible wage
Worst place to work !
Medical Attendant Voyageur Transportation (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON29 April 2016
Only on call shifts but when highered was supposed to be full time/ part time. They have the government grants for each person that's highered and then not giving them any hours besides on call. They won't give you your emergency response trainning card after completing the course. Legally you need to have that card in your wallet but they try and make u pay 150 to get the card when they didn't even pay for the course it was substidize by unemployment! You have to beg for hours, beg for you to be paid for hours that you have worked. You don't get on call shift pay or night shift premium pay , they say you get a higher pay for those shifts. You put out a lot of money on uniforms , trainning, police clearence, to do tests and alot more things needed. Then you get no hours after being there 4 months I had 5 real shifts. Management is very unorganized and just tell you what you want to here but does not care to change the way they mistreat there employees. They use people and treat them like a piece a trash, lie to you from the start. I've never been so unhappy at a job, felt so used. Had to beg to get hours or get paid for hours you did work. The employees that have been there make it like a soap like days of our lives. Like grade school drama and they hang u out to dry. They won't help you. Will let you sink when needing any kind of help, throw you on something you weren't trained to do cause they don't feel like doing it. This place should be closed down.
Pros
The type or work is great, just to bad it's with this terrible company
Cons
Neglect, lies, users, unorganized, rude
Very disorganized very high turnover
Emergency Medical Responder (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON27 March 2016
If your only looking for EFR certificate(that you wait 3 months for or pay $100 for after its been grant paid for) ok but if your looking for employment forget it. This company uses people to obtain grant funding and could care less if you actually need employment to provide for your family. It's very high school clicky and will feed you whatever excuses imaginable. No other place you can be employed for 3 months but never actual clock in 1 hour, something is wrong there. Lots of money you put in obtaining CPR certificate, police clearance, Immunization etc...but you WILL NOT get any money out of company no matter how willing you are to work for your income. This company has a HUGE turnover and I see why. Which is sad because I'm sure lots of good people are lost that way. PAID TRAINING - NO!!..GOOD LUCK try to get your money out of this company THEY DON'T PAY.
Pros
Na
Cons
Dont pay, lots of money put in none out. HUGE TURNOVER