Voyageur Medical Transportation is the largest Patient Transfer Services in Southwestern Ontario, operating across the Province, and beyond its borders, from our facilities in London, Chatham, Sarnia, the Greater Toronto Area, Kitchener-Waterloo, Grey Bruce County, Oxford County, Huron-Perth County, Barrie and the Durham Region. Like you, we want patients to receive the best care. We work together with healthcare providers, patients and families to coordinate and provide convenient and professional services that are always in the best interests of patient access to best care.
Voyageur Transportation Services is fortunate to be growing our Medical Transportation division. We are excited about this opportunity! We are currently recruiting for Non-Urgent Patient Transfer Attendants in London, Chatham, Kitchener, Owen Sound, Huron-Perth, OxfordCounty and the GTA (Etobicoke and Scarborough), Barrie and the Durham Region.
Opportunities to own your own Medical Transportation Company are available!
Voyageur Medical Transportation’s Patient Transfer Service provides comfortable and caring non-urgent medical transportation for individuals who are stretcher- or wheelchair-bound. Our competent and compassionate team of First Responders ensure patients receive a seamlessly safe ride whether the trip is to or from a healthcare facility, nursing home or private home.
ENTRY LEVEL CRITERIA:
- Valid Emergency Care/First Responder or Emergency Patient Care Certificate or valid AEMCA (or working towards and able to provide documentation)
- Valid an ‘F’ Class Driving License (minimum G, must be willing and able to upgrade)
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends, holidays and outside regular hours of operation, including on call shifts.
- Ability to lift 250+ lbs using a stretcher or stair chair with partner training
- Posses clean driving record and provide a copy for personnel file.
- Must have a current criminal record check and provide a copy for personnel file
Full time and part time positions available. Competitive benefit package provided to all full time employees.
To be considered for Voyageur Medical Transportation candidates must have a minimum certification of Emergency First Responder or Medical First Responder or currently be studying as a Paramedic and hold valid First Aid and CPR. Must provide valid documentation.
Voyageur Transportation is committed to provide accommodation for individuals with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Accommodations are available upon request of the internal or external applicant. If you require an accommodation due to a disability for an interview, please notify Human Resources directly to make appropriate arrangements when contacted for an interview.