VON

VON Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
von
Developmental Service Worker (Former Employee), London, ONFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: working with someone different everyday and doing what i loved
Cons: i want something more and show what i have to offer the compay could not give me more
advocate for my clients
i learned something new everyday i went into work
the management were great
my co- workers the were amazing and helpful we were like one big family
the hardest part of my job was leaving after 4 years of hard work dedication to be at home with me son who has special needs
the most enjoyable part was my clients all had determination and inspiration they always had a smile on their faces they never let anything get them down or stop them for doing things they always tried even when things got tough they never gave up and always looked to the bright side of things that is what gave me my inspiration every day and determination
Fun
DSW/PSW (Current Employee), London, ONMay 7, 2014
Meeting new people all the time. I have learned so much from this company!!!
working with pleasent people is a charm/blessing
PSW (Former Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONDecember 2, 2013
Pros: 40 hrs. a week
Cons: no clients
It would be a pleasure to work for the VON. I have met with two managers and they were very pleasent and kind. I fill that I had a connection with them and we would get along well.
I love helping people in the community
PSW (Current Employee), Trenton ONOctober 23, 2013
Pros: work at my own pace and schedule
Cons: not always enough hours
I like the company I work for and I live being out in the community making people lives easier and better.
Good
PSW for Palliative Care (Current Employee), London, ONAugust 2, 2013
Its a critical work invironment as you are dealing Palliative clients but it is interesting and you will learned a lot to deal the feelings of every individual. You learned how to understand the feeling of a dying people and you will also learned to priorities things. My co worker are great...need to have a good communication to make more productive caregiver. The hardest part if your client passed away in your arm.
Student
Externship, (Former Employee), London, ONJuly 4, 2013
A great experience with a good team. I learned a lot from them. Tasks varied by client and their needs. Housekeeping, personal care/hygiene, meal prep, safety, etc..
I enjoyed all the differnt types of people I met
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Simcoe, ONFebruary 6, 2013
Pros: setting my own time schedule
Cons: putting on alot of miles
Called clients the night before to set up visit time - Travelled through out Simcoe county - prepouring medications for a week at a time - doing dressings - chest assessments - giving injections - doing health teaching - visiting the family after a death has occurred to make sure they were coping - management was great to work with - the travelling was the hardest part of the job but I enjoyed the clients and spending time with them - also would do personal care with clients
interacting with seniors is enjoyable.
Care Provider (Former Employee), Medicine Hat, ABMay 30, 2012
Pros: good people
Cons: not enough hours to live on.
It is only part time. Would like full time hours and better pay.
Un travail dans l'isolement
Préposée au bénéficiares (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 19, 2013
Pros: rencontrer différentes personnes (clients)
Cons: l'isolement
C'est un travail difficile physiquement, car on doit soulever des clients et les installer dans leurs chaises roulantes ou autres,
C'est un travail qui se vit dans l'isolement. Il y a peu de contact avec l'employeur car les assignations se font par téléphone.

L'aspect le plus difficile, c'est l'isolement, de se sentir seule dans mon travail. Je suis une fille d'équipe, je crois à la coopération et à la collaboration.

L'aspect positif: le contact avec les gens, car ils sont souvent isolés eux-mêmes et j'ai côtoyé des personnes en fin de vie, et ce fut une expérience inoubliable.