VON Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Good Clients Bad Management & Office Staff
Personal Support (Former Employee), Thunder Bay OntarioJune 1, 2015
Pros: I had a job to pay my bills, Nice Clients
Cons: No Health Care, Negative Office Staff Only hires friends or family in the office
Great Clients, Terrible Office Staff very cold and uncaring, almost bullying you to fill clients that need to be seen if you are done. No medical or dental benefits for Personal Support Staff. Not allowed to say hello or chat to planners, Manager is terrible and out of touch every email sent is negative saying we are not doing our jobs right, never a pat on the back. Some planners are very rude, you – more... are only hired in the office if you are family or know someone. Really cheap company very unorganized office can't find ppe and you have to refill you hand santizer little bottles when you go in. no lanyards and plastic id badges cheaply made. I am so glad I no longer work for this very negative company. At first I thought it was an honor to work for von but I soon found out it was worse than any other place I had worked. Very Sad that the office staff does not care. Oh and watch you're pay because mine was always less than what I made. Oh and they pay you a cheap precentage towards dental health benefits.
Youre Ros will always be screwed up. Lack of hours or too many it should be called unplanning – less
Started Good, Ended Bad
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Antigonish, Nova ScotiaMay 12, 2015
Pros: Salary and benifits were good, and lots of educational opportunities. Autonomy
Cons: Need clear guildelines for conduct that will not be tolerated.
Overall, I think this organization has a good reputation for delivering quality services to their clients. My experience began positively, but ended as one of the worst experiences in my long nursing career. I was bullied for over a year by a co worker. Neither management or union knew what to do with this employee, and even though I documented numerous incidents, it had to be proven. It appeared to me that there was more protection for the bully than the bullied.
Micromanaged, overly stressed environment
Admin (Former Employee), CalgaryApril 13, 2015
Pros: fantastic clients, fellow coworkers
Cons: unhealthy management
Management has strong personalities but not positive healthy people skills. Gets frustrated easy, no patience, does not like to work within a team as there is only one way to do things...their way. Sad that a great organization can't find more suitable management
Love my job!!
psw (Current Employee), windsor,ontarioApril 9, 2015
Pros: you give your own schedule
Good place to work. Management is good and coworkers are nice. More rewarding then a nursing home a slower paced. Clients are appreciative and always happy to see you.
Meaningful work, but lack of organization
Home Helper (Former Employee), London, ONNovember 24, 2014
Pros: meaningful work
Cons: lack of organization, no routine, minimal training
I loved working here for the fact that it was such meaningful work and I always felt like I was making someone's day better. The management were incredible nice, however, there was lack of organization between staff and management at the office. Clients were booked on stat holidays that we didn't get paid for, and we had to call those clients and apologize for not being there and have to move them – more... to another day (I was very confused by this). There was not really any routine with the job as schedules were different all the time, and there definitely wasn't any sense of team as you were out on your own all week, except to drop your timesheet off at the office. Schedules were also tight somedays making it hard to get from client to client in time, or even eat a proper lunch for that matter. Overall, it's meaningful work but lack of organization within the office can cause some frustration. – less
About my work.
Home Support Worker (Former Employee), Stewiacke, NSMarch 24, 2014
Pros: being able to provide the day to day living skills, to clients . also, seeing the client happier that they get to stay in their own homes.
I thoroughly enjoyed working with this company. I had a good clientelle. Was always happy to do my job. I learned alot about the different disabilities, that I worked with. I also learned alot about different cultures. I enjoyed working with all the different workers. The hardest part of the job is when you lose a client to their illness. Meeting new people and finding out about their lives. Very much enjoyed my clients.
Good place
Visiting Nursing Coordinator (Former Employee), London, ONJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: good motivators
Cons: stressful setting
Overall a good place to work if you are a detail oriented fast paced individual

About VON Canada

VON (Victorian Order of Nurses) is dedicated to being a leader in the delivery of innovative comprehensive health and social services – Read more