VON Canada

VON Canada Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Micromanaged, overly stressed environment
Admin (Former Employee), CalgaryApril 13, 2015
Pros: fantastic clients, fellow coworkers
Cons: unhealthy management
Management has strong personalities but not positive healthy people skills. Gets frustrated easy, no patience, does not like to work within a team as there is only one way to do things...their way. Sad that a great organization can't find more suitable management
Love my job!!
psw (Current Employee), windsor,ontarioApril 9, 2015
Pros: you give your own schedule
Good place to work. Management is good and coworkers are nice. More rewarding then a nursing home a slower paced. Clients are appreciative and always happy to see you.
Meaningful work, but lack of organization
Home Helper (Former Employee), London, ONNovember 24, 2014
Pros: meaningful work
Cons: lack of organization, no routine, minimal training
I loved working here for the fact that it was such meaningful work and I always felt like I was making someone's day better. The management were incredible nice, however, there was lack of organization between staff and management at the office. Clients were booked on stat holidays that we didn't get paid for, and we had to call those clients and apologize for not being there and have to move them to another day (I was very confused by this). There was not really any routine with the job as schedules were different all the time, and there definitely wasn't any sense of team as you were out on your own all week, except to drop your timesheet off at the office. Schedules were also tight somedays making it hard to get from client to client in time, or even eat a proper lunch for that matter. Overall, it's meaningful work but lack of organization within the office can cause some frustration.
Over Management with no accountability for poor managment
Client Service Associate (Current Employee), London OntarioMay 7, 2014
Pros: a decent benefits program and paid vacation
Cons: stressful, demanding, very poor managment and
The organization is top heavy with management and do not support, empower or train their employees properly, therefore setting them up for failure. They talk extensively about a positive work environment, but my experience is less than positive with sneaky and behind the curtain backstabbing by management. Accountability for management is non-existent as any errors or failures are immediately blamed on lower level staff. They pile on the work, but give you no additional support other that a "in house training" which was little more than a powerpoint presentation. Once you are "trained" you are expected to be an expert. Not much room for a life outside of work due to schedules constantly changing and shifts changing. Very confusing as the are constantly adding or changing policies, systems, practises. Very frustrating as you never seem to be able to stay on top of all the expectations. The people that suffer the most? The patients and lower rung staff.
About my work.
Home Support Worker (Former Employee), Stewiacke, NSMarch 24, 2014
Pros: being able to provide the day to day living skills, to clients . also, seeing the client happier that they get to stay in their own homes.
I thoroughly enjoyed working with this company. I had a good clientelle. Was always happy to do my job. I learned alot about the different disabilities, that I worked with. I also learned alot about different cultures. I enjoyed working with all the different workers. The hardest part of the job is when you lose a client to their illness. Meeting new people and finding out about their lives. Very much enjoyed my clients.

About VON Canada

VON (Victorian Order of Nurses) is dedicated to being a leader in the delivery of innovative comprehensive health and social services – Read more