Volvo

Volvo Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
stream flo
Branch Manager (Former Employee), AlbertaSeptember 11, 2014
-Managed the budget and any other costs related to the branch
-Responsible for the business development of the branch:
-maintained working relationships with current and prospective clients while seeking out new customers.
-Directly managed 10 staff members
-Handling and delegating all incoming order calls
-Recruitment of all new employees
I was assisting the administrative part in the HR department in the headquarter.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Brussels, ONMay 7, 2013
Pros: great work environment with good cafeteria
Cons: not always easy to please all the employees as some where quite demanding
It was such a pleasant experience. The work environment was healthy: clean, lot of space, with windows. The team was simply amazing. We all know what our tasks was and did it. We had structure but had flexibility within it.

The hardest part of this job was when I had to create on SAP the organigram of the entire world-wide company. It was a huge company, – more... thus the challenge was present. – less
A good company with good benefits
Sales & Lease Representative (Former Employee), Richmond, BCApril 17, 2013
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: work on weekends
One of the best pay plans in the industry. Pay plan has a base salary, which is very unusual in the auto industry. My co-workers were excellent and a pleasure to work with.
I ran around the shop in a go kart!
Technician, go to guy. Shop administration. (Former Employee), bramptonSeptember 8, 2012
Pros: friendly work environment
It was a great place to work. I really enjoyed it there but left for other reasons. Management when I was there was awesome. Most enjoyable part was extended lunches and the boss didnt mind at all as long as the job was done.
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Radford, VADecember 22, 2014
Great place to work.A summary of my skills include proficiency with hand and power tools, forklift, and straight truck driver. I am a team player with the ability to lead and work with many types of people at different skill levels. I am also familiar with computers, cash registers, ordering, shipping and receiving.
Headcounts are reduced annually, hiring contracts, lack of job security.
Project Manager - Engineering (Current Employee), North AmericaDecember 11, 2014
Pros: nice people; swedish people are great to work with.
Cons: old unmodern facilities; micro-management; complex business systems; low job security.
The Volvo people are fine to work with, and the work culture is fine, no complaints there.

The headquarters in Sweden is definitely in control, and often pushes their agenda of product changes on the US center. And the business software systems are a host of clumsy, non-integrated separate systems, which do not always contain matching data. This leads – more... to a complex array of cross-functional processes to try to get all stars to align.

Engineering often gets the short stick... Purchasing and Manufacturing are more powerful and take credit for many initiatives driven by engineering... but such is life in the corporation.

The one major issue: I would not advise people to go there, unless long term job security is not important at all. Volvo does not move and promote much... they do more hire-new (contracts) and cut-back (full timers) to change people and roles. – less
Construction equipment rental
Flatbed Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Seabrook, TXNovember 25, 2014
Management team out of the Seabrook location is some of the best you will find in the rental business. Equipment is well maintained and the shop foreman is one of the best I have encountered.
Auto Sales
Internet Sales Manager (Former Employee), San Jose CANovember 23, 2014
As an Internet Sales Manager, I was responsible for closing deals, prospecting, and overcoming objections.
Created new relationships with new and potential customers, setting up at least 10 new appointments weekly.
Received “Sales Professional of the Month Award” for 6 consecutive months at Stevens Creek Kia.
Consistently maintains top Customer Satisfaction – more... Index and scores of 100%. – less
Very nice place to work.
Design Engineer (contract) (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCNovember 19, 2014
Good People, Good Work.
Would be hard to find a better company to work with.
If you like to accept challenges at work then this is your place
Product Design and Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee), Shippensburg, PANovember 18, 2014
Most of decisions are made fro Head quarters and managers here are only communicators. But if you like to accept challenges at work and will make things work then this is your place.
Benefits are average.
Good
Sales Co-ordinator (Current Employee), Indore, MPNovember 13, 2014
Its very good company, working hard & honestly to grow our product business in overall MP
I am looking for growth & better opportunity with leading managment companies.
not a good place for agency workers
temp worker (Former Employee), Shippensburg, PANovember 12, 2014
Pros: steady work
Cons: fulltime employees target temp agency workers
If you are hired as an Intern they will treat you very well as if you are their own child.
If you are hired fulltime volvo employee you will work hard but be one of them.
If you are hired as a temporary agency worker
expect to be constantly setup by your co-workers in your own group
and other groups with questions to gather as much information about – more... your personal life
and previous jobs you have worked . It will seem like polite conversations at first to
having several people and managers standing around you later to put you on the spot
so you feel pressure. They may tell you they do this to test you and even ellude
to a long term position at volvo. This information will be used later in less than a year to
get rid of you. If temps stay too long the fulltime employees get nervous. Volvo employees will be sent over to insult you to see if u try to start a fight. They will try to intimidate and humiliate you, remind you can quit. Dont take a job as a temp agency worker here. – less
Fun and Good learning
Business Consultant (Current Employee), BangaloreNovember 11, 2014
The Work and joureny in volvo has been good , gives good oppurtunity to work for a multinational company . Exposure to international teams and help you learn and explore .

Had been supportive people who respect your opinions .
Good Place to Work
Employee (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 6, 2014
Overall a good place to work, can be stressful and commutations is not always the best. Benefits are good and the interpersonal interactions are positive.
good
buyer, (Former Employee), swedenOctober 28, 2014
love enjoy working. i dn;t know when it started and how fast it ended,
Not good company to work for
Reconciliation Specialist (Former Employee), Pflugerville, TXOctober 26, 2014
I did not find this company to respect their employees. They were mistrusting and hateful.
the best place to work
Inbound lead (Former Employee), York, PAOctober 23, 2014
i loved this job and never wold have left but it was a 1 year temp job
Being part of the solution
Alternative Fuel Product Platform Director (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCOctober 22, 2014
My main goal is to make things happening in the field of Alternative Fuels for Volvo.

Working globally with people, both internally and externally around the globe is the most exciting part of my job. This requires high level of flexibility (start early when you are based in the US) but is extremely rewarding when you're able to drive synergies among – more... people that never met or worked together before

Most recently I have been heavily involved in one of the most promising Alternative Fuel, named DME. Volvo has been on the forefront of this technology for years and we are now ready to bring to the market. – less
Fun fast paced job.
Shipping and Receiving mgr./Parts Counterman (Former Employee), Edison, NJOctober 13, 2014
Great company with good benefits. Overall nice environment.
not a good work place
purchasing (Current Employee), Shippensburg, PAOctober 11, 2014
I will not suggest people working there
but if you just want to get paid and don't care about what you do. that's different story.
People work there like to talk. if you are a talker, you will be liked.

1 2 3 4 5

About Volvo

Drivers looking for the iconic boxy station wagon beware; these Volvos don't haul families. Volvo Construction Equipment North – Read more