Volvo

Volvo Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Volvo
car washer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: great work environment
Cons: long hours
I started work at seven in the morning by making sure that my work station was cleaned up and ready for the day such as throwing away garbage and making sure my water buckets were full. if there was no cars to wash I would help out by cleaning the shop, checking in customer cars when they bring them in to get serviced. the hardest part of the job was the physical labour of washing cars by myself when there is twelve mechanics fixing cars. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to drive the cars as well as getting some work experience.
stream flo
Branch Manager (Former Employee), AlbertaSeptember 11, 2014
-Managed the budget and any other costs related to the branch
-Responsible for the business development of the branch:
-maintained working relationships with current and prospective clients while seeking out new customers.
-Directly managed 10 staff members
-Handling and delegating all incoming order calls
-Recruitment of all new employees
I was assisting the administrative part in the HR department in the headquarter.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Brussels, ONMay 7, 2013
Pros: great work environment with good cafeteria
Cons: not always easy to please all the employees as some where quite demanding
It was such a pleasant experience. The work environment was healthy: clean, lot of space, with windows. The team was simply amazing. We all know what our tasks was and did it. We had structure but had flexibility within it.

The hardest part of this job was when I had to create on SAP the organigram of the entire world-wide company. It was a huge company, thus the challenge was present.
A good company with good benefits
Sales & Lease Representative (Former Employee), Richmond, BCApril 17, 2013
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: work on weekends
One of the best pay plans in the industry. Pay plan has a base salary, which is very unusual in the auto industry. My co-workers were excellent and a pleasure to work with.
I ran around the shop in a go kart!
Technician, go to guy. Shop administration. (Former Employee), bramptonSeptember 8, 2012
Pros: friendly work environment
It was a great place to work. I really enjoyed it there but left for other reasons. Management when I was there was awesome. Most enjoyable part was extended lunches and the boss didnt mind at all as long as the job was done.
Enjoyable place to work
telephonist (Former Employee), londonJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: a warm and welcoming environment
Cons: there are no cons that i can think of.
The best part of the job were my fellow employees, they made me feel very welcome and were always there if I had a query. The hardest part of the job was dealing with uncooperative customers who were rude to staff members without just cause, however, all staff members overcame this easily.
Great place to make a career
Procurement Analyst - Materials Planner (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: everything, would recommend to anyone
Cons: none at all
Best job EVER. Excellent training, benefits, working conditions, management, and career path.

state of the art equipment. Co workers were helpful and the best. All became friends. It is like home away from home.
Productive fast paced environment
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Pharr TXJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: bbqs
Cons: short breaks
Great place to work, days were exciting with different situations everyday. This workplace is family orientated and helpful to fulfill customer needs.
Retail Credit Analyst (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCJanuary 22, 2015
Great place to work, amazing managers, opportunities for advancement
Great equipment manufacturer
Region Operations Manager, Sales Manager (Former Employee), Asheville, NCJanuary 8, 2015
Fantastic management
Co workers were always willing to help
Sorry to see it end
Eastern Regional Credit Department (Current Employee), Iselin NJJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: close to my home, excellent benefits & a nice group of people to work with
Cons: no advancement opportunity
an average work day consists of running reports & following up with customers credit limits, receivables & maintaining a constant workflow. I get along very well with my co-workers, I felt the company did a fair job of analyzing candidates & deciding who the team players were. The most enjoyable part of the job was the growth in portfolio in terms of new accounts & growing business. The hardest part of the job will be leaving, the company has decided to relocate. I learned how to deal with people from all over since my position was at the regional level.
The benefits were great but not great management relations.
Senior Accountant (Former Employee), Asheville, NCJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: great facility and benefits including half of our gym memberships.
Cons: economic downturn moved office to pennsylvania.
I learned great SAP skills and meet some great people!! The people were the best.
The benefits were great. The corporation's attitude was toward the good health of their employees and community.
The size and mentality of the corporation was great for possible advancement.
The business was reduced during an economical downturn and about a third of us were laid off. The office was moved to Pennsylvania.
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Radford, VADecember 22, 2014
Great place to work.A summary of my skills include proficiency with hand and power tools, forklift, and straight truck driver. I am a team player with the ability to lead and work with many types of people at different skill levels. I am also familiar with computers, cash registers, ordering, shipping and receiving.
Headcounts are reduced annually, hiring contracts, lack of job security.
Project Manager - Engineering (Current Employee), North AmericaDecember 11, 2014
Pros: nice people; swedish people are great to work with.
Cons: old unmodern facilities; micro-management; complex business systems; low job security.
The Volvo people are fine to work with, and the work culture is fine, no complaints there.

The headquarters in Sweden is definitely in control, and often pushes their agenda of product changes on the US center. And the business software systems are a host of clumsy, non-integrated separate systems, which do not always contain matching data. This leads to a complex array of cross-functional processes to try to get all stars to align.

Engineering often gets the short stick... Purchasing and Manufacturing are more powerful and take credit for many initiatives driven by engineering... but such is life in the corporation.

The one major issue: I would not advise people to go there, unless long term job security is not important at all. Volvo does not move and promote much... they do more hire-new (contracts) and cut-back (full timers) to change people and roles.
Construction equipment rental
Flatbed Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Seabrook, TXNovember 25, 2014
Management team out of the Seabrook location is some of the best you will find in the rental business. Equipment is well maintained and the shop foreman is one of the best I have encountered.
Auto Sales
Internet Sales Manager (Former Employee), San Jose CANovember 23, 2014
As an Internet Sales Manager, I was responsible for closing deals, prospecting, and overcoming objections.
Created new relationships with new and potential customers, setting up at least 10 new appointments weekly.
Received “Sales Professional of the Month Award” for 6 consecutive months at Stevens Creek Kia.
Consistently maintains top Customer Satisfaction Index and scores of 100%.
Very nice place to work.
Design Engineer (contract) (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCNovember 19, 2014
Good People, Good Work.
Would be hard to find a better company to work with.
If you like to accept challenges at work then this is your place
Product Design and Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee), Shippensburg, PANovember 18, 2014
Most of decisions are made fro Head quarters and managers here are only communicators. But if you like to accept challenges at work and will make things work then this is your place.
Benefits are average.
Good
Sales Co-ordinator (Current Employee), Indore, MPNovember 13, 2014
Its very good company, working hard & honestly to grow our product business in overall MP
I am looking for growth & better opportunity with leading managment companies.
not a good place for agency workers
temp worker (Former Employee), Shippensburg, PANovember 12, 2014
Pros: steady work
Cons: fulltime employees target temp agency workers
If you are hired as an Intern they will treat you very well as if you are their own child.
If you are hired fulltime volvo employee you will work hard but be one of them.
If you are hired as a temporary agency worker
expect to be constantly setup by your co-workers in your own group
and other groups with questions to gather as much information about your personal life
and previous jobs you have worked . It will seem like polite conversations at first to
having several people and managers standing around you later to put you on the spot
so you feel pressure. They may tell you they do this to test you and even ellude
to a long term position at volvo. This information will be used later in less than a year to
get rid of you. If temps stay too long the fulltime employees get nervous. Volvo employees will be sent over to insult you to see if u try to start a fight. They will try to intimidate and humiliate you, remind you can quit. Dont take a job as a temp agency worker here.

1 2 3 4 5

About Volvo

Drivers looking for the iconic boxy station wagon beware; these Volvos don't haul families. Volvo Construction Equipment North – Read more