Volvo

Volvo Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
I was assisting the administrative part in the HR department in the headquarter.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Brussels, ONMay 7, 2013
Pros: great work environment with good cafeteria
Cons: not always easy to please all the employees as some where quite demanding
It was such a pleasant experience. The work environment was healthy: clean, lot of space, with windows. The team was simply amazing. We all know what our tasks was and did it. We had structure but had flexibility within it.

The hardest part of this job was when I had to create on SAP the organigram of the entire world-wide company. It was a huge company, – more... thus the challenge was present. – less
A good company with good benefits
Sales & Lease Representative (Former Employee), Richmond, BCApril 17, 2013
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: work on weekends
One of the best pay plans in the industry. Pay plan has a base salary, which is very unusual in the auto industry. My co-workers were excellent and a pleasure to work with.
I ran around the shop in a go kart!
Technician, go to guy. Shop administration. (Former Employee), bramptonSeptember 8, 2012
Pros: friendly work environment
It was a great place to work. I really enjoyed it there but left for other reasons. Management when I was there was awesome. Most enjoyable part was extended lunches and the boss didnt mind at all as long as the job was done.
Purcahse to Pay (P2P) (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCApril 11, 2014
This my typical day:
Received incoming calls from customers regarding invoicing, provide payment status, and handled complaints.
Assisted a large customer base with system access, troubleshoot problems, research, payment advices and etc.
Provides accurate information regarding Purchase to Pay (P2P) policies, tools, and guidelines for all processes.
Performs – more... assigned responsibilities in a timely manner.
Maintain effective relationships with customers, gains their trust and respect.
Ability to use various systems that interface with SAP in order to answer questions. – less
Fast paced global company with a great company culture and opportunites for career advancement
Director of Skid Steer Loader Operations (Current Employee), Shippensburg, PAApril 8, 2014
-Responsible for the management of the overall global distribution of Volvo Skid Steer Loaders (SSL)
-Responsible to lead, manage, and continuously improve all operational processes including capacity planning, sales & operations planning, order handling, and order delivery.
Productive place to work.
Assembler/Lead-man in Paint shop (Former Employee), Shippensburg, PAMarch 30, 2014
Pros: great place to work.
Cons: lay-off.
Working at VOLVO was rewarding. Each day I worked the assembly line and build road machinery. The co-workers were great and at that time management was good. I left there in 2009 due to a lay-off and that was probably the hardest part of the job.
Decent workplace with emphasis on excellence from employees.
Inventory supply distributor (Former Employee), Asheville, NCMarch 29, 2014
Pros: cafeteria, pay, schedule
Cons: arrogant and non caring upper management not reflected by middle management
Volvo had a quick and demanding work pace. Very focused on employee needs in the fact there was a strict cleanliness and curtness attitude expected from production employees and management both. Very much enjoyed cafeteria located on premises.
Challenging Workplace
Material Supplier Management Specialist (Current Employee), Wrocław,March 25, 2014
Pros: multicultural, friendly atmosphere, free healthcare package
A typical day at work includes:
- Securing the material suppliers quality service level having impact on logistics costs.
- Reducing number of deviations in the shipments which have the biggest impact on the organisation.
- Monitoring actions taken in logistics system (Oracle based) by material suppliers and the carriers, react when deviation appears – more... in order to secure effective Order to Delivery process.
- Working on the reports on the daily basis.
- Providing constant feedback regarding reports quality to the appropriate IT department.
- Preparing and working on monthly KPI reports and sharing the result with concerned departments in Sweden, Belgium, China, India and Brazil.
- Close cooperation with Volvo offices in Sweden and Belgium. Providing requested data in an approachable format.
- Analyzing and verifying system data on the daily basis.
- Taking part in the reports preparation providing feedback to the project group in order to secure Material Supplier Management process.
- Contacting European Material Suppliers via phone in order to provide system support

My coworkers are experienced professionals with positive,friendly and strong problem solving attitude.

The hardest part and at the same time the most enjoyable part of the job is working on the constant improvement and fulfilling multiple customers demand. – less
management used vulgar language toward employees, otherwise good place to work
Driver (Former Employee), Buda, TXMarch 17, 2014
Pros: got to drive lots of different construction equipment
Cons: vulgar language used toward employees by management
great work hours, weekends off. travelled out of the region some. It was a good job.
Productive workplace, coworkers were helpful and open to new employees
Purchasing Intern (Former Employee), Hagerstown, MDMarch 11, 2014
Pros: compatible with school schedule, free to leave office for appointments(dentist, doctor etc.), 1 hour lunch break with cafeteria on site
Cons: intern/co-op program was new and unstructured, busyness and stress of workplace made it difficult to reach coworkers
As a purchasing intern, my daily activities varied but were not limited to attending local and global purchasing meetings, assisting buyers with supplier analysis, contract information, and ordering parts. The most valuable thing I learned was understanding the relationship between buyer and seller and how to become a competent buyer. Management in – more... the purchasing department was good, in particular my direct supervisor. My coworkers were supportive when help was needed, however because of the busy nature of the workplace, were not always available. The hardest part of the job was learning how to use the systems and apply them to the parts of the engines involved. There are many parts that make up 11 and 13 liter truck engines and understanding the functions of each was overwhelming at times. However, the complexity of engines made the job interesting, and I interacted with people from around the world. – less
Like working for the government
Director of Planning and Logistics (Current Employee), Shippensburg, PAMarch 10, 2014
The simplist of tasks take too long. Constantly pressured to change direction, not enough resources available to complete objectives
Productive fast paced environment and fun workplace
Finance and Business Control Internship (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VAMarch 7, 2014
Pros: boat rides in the summer
Great working environment. Great learning experience. My manager and co-workers were always willing to help and answer any questions.
Internal Audit & Risk with more than 11 years experience
Manager - AB Volvo Corporate Audit (Current Employee), GreensboroFebruary 23, 2014
Internal Audit & Risk with more than 11 years experience in Manufacturing & Financial services industry
Summer Job
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Lewis Center, OHFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: stayed busy all day.
Cons: short breaks
I worked for Volvo Trucking North America on there summer help program. I worked 10 hour shifts just about everyday of summer. I picked and packed parts. I learned how to operate different types of equipment. I also learned how to work at a fast rate and still make sure that the parts were packaged with care. Management was always trying to help out – more... and most of the co-workers did the same thing while some of them were very lazy. The hardest part about the job was staying on schedule with all of the shipments we had to get out at specific times. The most enjoyable part of the job was feeling like I really accomplished something when we would get all of our work done on time. – less
Great Company, poor location
Marketing (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCFebruary 17, 2014
The corporate culture is wonderful and career development is important in most parts of the organization.

Benefits and compensation are among the best.
Volvo
Collections Manager (Current Employee), West Monroe, LAJanuary 31, 2014
I was promised a specific salary when I started. Three years later, still not at that salary, not at a raise and no promotions in sight. As well as not the first evaluation.
Product Launch Trainer (Former Employee), Dublin, VAJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: great salary and healthcare
Cons: cyclical industry
I enjoyed working for Volvo. I was able to learn many new skill by doing different jobs through the bidding process and working in the absentee pool for several years.Some of the jobs are very physical and can wear you down physically.
Multicultural and open team work environment
Lead Engineer (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: diverse, friendly, open
Cons: matrix org, slow to decision, difficult to advance
Volvo has been a great place to work. Very diverse culture. I work with people from all over the world. (Sweden, France, India, Ecuador, Brazil, China, Japan...)
logistic control
local logistic controller (Current Employee), Pretoria, GPJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: working to the limet
Cons: 8 to 12 hours
all of the work on supply done on dayly basis and controled with qaulity and report and AD word reports
Volvo provided a great work environment
Data entry (Former Employee), Monroe, LAJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: great work environment friendly co workers
Cons: desk job no interaction with people
My Job at Volvo was only a temporary position because the department of the company I worked in was moved to Houston. The manager was caring and fair and my co workers were kind and fun to work with. The most difficult part of the job was processing a tedious payroll for 100+ employees and not making any mistakes. The job its self was data entry so – more... it did not provide much of a challenge. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Volvo

Drivers looking for the iconic boxy station wagon beware; these Volvos don't haul families. Volvo Construction Equipment North – Read more