Volvo

Volvo Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
I was assisting the administrative part in the HR department in the headquarter.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Brussels, ONMay 7, 2013
Pros: great work environment with good cafeteria
Cons: not always easy to please all the employees as some where quite demanding
It was such a pleasant experience. The work environment was healthy: clean, lot of space, with windows. The team was simply amazing. We all know what our tasks was and did it. We had structure but had flexibility within it.

The hardest part of this job was when I had to create on SAP the organigram of the entire world-wide company. It was a huge company, – more... thus the challenge was present. – less
A good company with good benefits
Sales & Lease Representative (Former Employee), Richmond, BCApril 17, 2013
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: work on weekends
One of the best pay plans in the industry. Pay plan has a base salary, which is very unusual in the auto industry. My co-workers were excellent and a pleasure to work with.
I ran around the shop in a go kart!
Technician, go to guy. Shop administration. (Former Employee), bramptonSeptember 8, 2012
Pros: friendly work environment
It was a great place to work. I really enjoyed it there but left for other reasons. Management when I was there was awesome. Most enjoyable part was extended lunches and the boss didnt mind at all as long as the job was done.
very good company
VMware Administrator (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJuly 13, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: great benefits
I am learning something new everyday.
Great Team work.
We helped each other and finish our project.
Most enjoyable part is, very busy at work.
Our managements are the best in the industries.
A good learning opportunity in automotive field, a good worklife balance and good culture.
Graduate Engineer Trainee (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAJuly 7, 2014
Pros: well ahead technology in automobile field, good learning place.
Cons: lots of process.
Volvo is a good company to learn about upcoming technology in the automotive field since they are way far ahead of Indian market. I can say the company has a wide opportunity to learn in automotive field.
It has a good culture, not the best. The working environment is normal and satisfactory with a very good bunch of co-workers.
Management is average – more... with very minimal benefits planned as of now.
Most enjoyable part is the factory visits where the real feel of our work can be experienced.

There is a lot of process to be followed which takes more time than the real work. – less
Great company, great work environment.
Internal Control Advisor (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJuly 7, 2014
Volvo is a great company with a great work environment that encourages work/family balance.
Productive and close group of coworkers and manager
Mapterial Planner/Expeditor (Former Employee), Dublin, VAJuly 3, 2014
Pros: management very understanding about employees being late due to bad weather.
Receive parts schedule list and / or shortage tickets.
Being able to work with outside vendors easily to negotiate needed parts.
Management was supportive when having to negotiate expedite charges were needed ahead of regular delivery to production plant.
Coworkers helped by coordinating with vendors when more than just 1 part was needed from vendor.
The – more... most difficult part of the job was to obtain parts when lost or damaged at plant.
Most rewarding was being able to obtain needed parts ahead of regular scheduled delivery. – less
Job security, but not good to stay in same position for more than 4 years
Senior Analysis Engineer (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAJuly 1, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: bad management policies, no clear vision for cae in bangalore
1. Good learnings, but not good to stay in same position for more than 4 years
Great Company with Great Benefits
Executive Administrative Assistant - Legal (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCJune 25, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: communication among high level management and teams
Great company to work for and the benfits are second to none.
Job allowed responsible person to be very independent and unsupervised
Inventory (Lot) Manager (Former Employee), Edison, NJJune 18, 2014
Pros: holidays, early hours, closed sunday
Cons: no breaks times etc.
I loved the people I worked with. Working outside in all kinds of weather was sometimes a drawback but for the most part it was a good job. The dealer trades and travelling was the most fun.
Great wrok environment
Competence and Development HR Intern (Current Employee), Shippensburg PAMay 30, 2014
It is great to be working in such an environment as Volvo's North American headquarters.
Volvo
Work Experience (Former Employee), Trent, ENGMay 29, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: 8 til 4
Typical at volvo was just jacking lorrys up taking wheels off checking the oil all the normal things really didnt really go into anything difficult
Office
Assistant, Process & IT (Former Employee), TimisoaraMay 28, 2014
Pros: free lunches
I learned to work better in team
Bosses were very communicative
There were heavy parts but it was a bit tiring work
I really like what I was doing because that's my passion to work in an IT department
Over all Good place to work
SENIOR BUSINESS ANALYST/ PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee), Greensboro NCMay 8, 2014
Great people to work with but North America needs to get past the global staff reductions.
good hours and always busy
Mechanic/Painter (Former Employee), Bossier City, LAMay 5, 2014
everyday when you get to work get started on your assignment. i learned alot about construction equipment and painting. management was always there to help you get what ever you needed to get the job done as quickly as possible. co-workers were great to work with and help full. there wasn't any hard parts about the job. most enjoyable part was having – more... weekends off and good hours – less
Technical Coordinator/Illustrator (Current Employee), Shippensburg, PAMay 1, 2014
Great place to work and the people are team oriented/friendly.
Interesting work
Sale Administrator (Former Employee), Salisbury, ENGApril 22, 2014
I was employed as a Sales administer for New and Used cars..
I enjoyed my time here , we were part of a group so management changed periodically. My work colleagues were a great bunch of people of all ages.
The hardest part of the job was when you were given wrong information and then gad to sort out.
My daily tasks were to open and date stamp mail, – more... I was in charge of petty cash, write any letters to clients, Print off service reminders.
Answer in coming calls if not answered after 4 rings. Tax any New vehicles on the computer – less
Purcahse to Pay (P2P) (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCApril 11, 2014
This my typical day:
Received incoming calls from customers regarding invoicing, provide payment status, and handled complaints.
Assisted a large customer base with system access, troubleshoot problems, research, payment advices and etc.
Provides accurate information regarding Purchase to Pay (P2P) policies, tools, and guidelines for all processes.
Performs – more... assigned responsibilities in a timely manner.
Maintain effective relationships with customers, gains their trust and respect.
Ability to use various systems that interface with SAP in order to answer questions. – less
Fast paced global company with a great company culture and opportunites for career advancement
Director of Skid Steer Loader Operations (Current Employee), Shippensburg, PAApril 8, 2014
-Responsible for the management of the overall global distribution of Volvo Skid Steer Loaders (SSL)
-Responsible to lead, manage, and continuously improve all operational processes including capacity planning, sales & operations planning, order handling, and order delivery.
Productive place to work.
Assembler/Lead-man in Paint shop (Former Employee), Shippensburg, PAMarch 30, 2014
Pros: great place to work.
Cons: lay-off.
Working at VOLVO was rewarding. Each day I worked the assembly line and build road machinery. The co-workers were great and at that time management was good. I left there in 2009 due to a lay-off and that was probably the hardest part of the job.

1 2 3 4 5

About Volvo

Drivers looking for the iconic boxy station wagon beware; these Volvos don't haul families. Volvo Construction Equipment North – Read more