Volunteer Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
My experience with the Hamilton Health Sciences Volunteer Association
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee), Hamilton, OntarioJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: great staff
Cons: some positions require a lot of standing
I have worked with the Volunteer Association for over 10 years. I started when I was 15 and have never regretted my decision. They are a great organization. They treat everyone as individuals and not just a piece of the organization. If you require time off, they are more then accomodating to ensure that they are able to meet your requests.
The management – more... treats everyone equally and with respect and most of all, they are friendly, which I think is very important for a happy and healthy work environment.
This organization is also very great when it comes to advancement. Within the 10 years that I have been part of this organization, I have filled in for management roles, been promoted to full time and switched positions entirely. Every move has been an excellent move and I have never regretted my decision to remain within the Volunteer Association for such a long time. – less
best
JP Construction (New Westminster B.C) (Former Employee), New Westminster, BCApril 9, 2013
Pros: free
Cons: 6=5
i love to do volunteer hour

i clean the staff and handed

my co worker are so nice they always help ,e
i m hard working man
started as a volunteer position
Earthquake Reconstruction - Peru 2006 - 2009 (Former Employee), Lima, LIMNovember 2, 2012
Pros: it was an excellent opportunity to learn and to grow as a person.
Cons: i did not know any spanish. had to try to learn quickly and use enterpreter.
What started as a volunteer position quickly became an all out company working throughout all of Peru. Most of the workers like myself were volunteers. Designed and assembled prefab buildings to use throughout Peru. Constructed hospitals, schools, and churches throughout central and southern Peru.
Customer Oriented
Cook/ Prep (Former Employee), HamiltonOctober 10, 2012
Pros: goal oriented
Cons: long distance
high values and rewards. Customer oriented. Great hospitality
Volunteer work
Miscellaneous (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLJune 10, 2014
Pros: experienced a variety of situations
Cons: very little paid experience
Learned how to work with a variety of people. Developed varied skills such as customer service, sales, landscaping and some food service.
Learn New Tech, Kep skills sharp
Volunteer Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee), Richmond, VaJune 3, 2014
Pros: to get see new tech all the time.. never ther same thing.
Cons: contract work, no benfits
Love helping others with there problems, Helping to improve their workflow and explain computer issue in a simple, plain way they can use and put into action .
Rewarding working with impoverished people
Tutor (Former Employee), Torres-Martinez Indian Reservation, CAMay 28, 2014
- Drive out to a trailer park inhabited by migrant workers, enter at trailer converted into a classroom, and tutor the children while there parents re at work
- I learned the struggle of these people, and learned how to interact with an entirely new demographic
- The fellow volunteers were great people
- Seeing the children live in poverty
- Knowing – more... that I am helping these children do better in school so that they may escape the cycle. – less
I enjoyed working for UPS
Volunteer and part-time employee (Former Employee), Fox Point, WIMay 27, 2014
Pros: great people, solid company driven for success
Cons: working during christmas but felt good about customers getting deliveries on time.
It was fast paced, very busy and invested in its people to grow with the organization. I also, benefited from the trainings, the financial presentations and opportunities to learn new jobs and gain skills sets in other parts of the organization. I really liked the staff and leadership.
thought it was a good place to work
VR Volunteer (Current Employee), Manchester, TNMay 22, 2014
some of the people there r good to work with but others are just plan back stabbers. i liked the work i was doing and i also learned some new ideals and way to do things.and some bad ideals.
Volunteer
Hampton Emergency Squad & Califon Rescue Squad (Former Employee), Hampton, NJApril 25, 2014
Volunteering at fundraisers, parades, schools and responding to emergencies.
Volunteering
Culinary Assistant (Former Employee), Providence, RIApril 17, 2014
I loved volunteering in the kitchen for this event, it was very rewarding and interesting, especially working so closely with the chefs.
Volunteering is a great opportunity to grow.
Healthcare Advocate (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIApril 2, 2014
Everyone should give back. Volunteering is an opportunity to respond to the needs of the individual and the broader community.
Helped Me To Get Started in Career and Life
Work and Volunteer Experiences (Former Employee), Garland, TXMarch 19, 2014
Pros: free lunches and office culture experience
I felt like I was on the right track by helping people. After dropping out of school and brief encounters with the law...Volunteering at my local Church helped me get my life together.
Great Learning Enviornment
Assistant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 1, 2014
I volunteer to help in mainting the building I live in to improve my understanding of the certifications that I was working on during that time.
Productive workplace enviorment.
FREELANCE (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no healthcare
A work day is typically productive.
How to work better.
Good time management.
Co-workers are good to work with.
Its not hard.
To work with people.
Volunteer Networking Position
Freelance Designer (Current Employee), Federal Way, WAFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: recognition, compliments and thankful clients
Cons: volunteer $0.00
Networking for work through Freelance Volunteer work. (Yacht Clubs, Private).
Volunteered
Caregiver (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: relaxed home setting
I took care of an elderly male client. He was suffering from pneumonia. He needed help with everything. I applied my skills in toileting, bed bathing, feeding.
Youth Girls Lacrosse Coach (Former Employee), Dover, DEDecember 19, 2013
Head Coach. Taught girls ages 9-14 how to play women's lacrosse twice a week with games on Sundays.
Volunteer (Current Employee), AR/OKDecember 13, 2013
I Enjoy Working As A Volunteer, Helping People In Need And Seeing A Smile Over A Frown Is What Makes Everyday Of My Life Better.
Kids were nice
Hannah House Child Care Volunteer (Former Employee), Carbondale, ILDecember 10, 2013
Pros: good time with kids
Cons: no pay because of volunteering
Daycare Setting from ages 6 weeks to 13 years of age. Worked twice a week. The kids were great but some of the staff was not very friendly at times.

1 2 3