VOLT

VOLT Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Volt is a detriment to permanent work and torments you afterward
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), DeKalb, ILMay 11, 2014
Pros: clean job site, friendly coworkers, casual clothes
Cons: low pay, no benefits, no job security, mandatory overtime
I started working as a Volt temporary with the hope of becoming a permanent employee at 3M. Unfortunately, Volt was a detriment to a permanent position and this agency continues to undermine my job search.

The Volt workers who transitioned to permanent positions averaged more than 18 months with Volt. Meanwhile, workers were hired from the general – more... populace ahead of them.

The pay was $9.50 per hour, which is demoralizing compared to the $17 earned by regular 3M warehouse workers. In addition, we Volt temporary workers were held to more stringent and unrealistic standards of work, safety, and attendance.

We essentially performed the same work plus all the undesirable work which the regular employees refused. We were not allowed to cheat the productivity numbers whereas the regular employees routinely cheated. During my stay, I witnessed three Volt employees terminated when they became injured (two back injuries and one arm). Regular 3M employees could find excuses to miss work for a couple months at a time, but Volt would not allow reasonable absences.

Volt representatives were unreachable and unavailable to employees and 3M, despite having an office onsite. Eventually, 3M ended the relationship with Volt for this reason and others. Volt stopped paying promised raises around that time. One Volt worker has waited more than six months for back-pay of his 50 cent raise.

I was injured and terminated by Volt. I am currently owed three months of back-pay for a raise. Volt attempted to block my unemployment compensation. Then they obstructed my application for a permanent position at 3M. And now they hinder my application with the new agency at 3M.

In summary, you are better off working elsewhere while you apply for permanent positions because Volt actively sabotages your chances. The pay is substantially lower than other agencies and Volt will continue to torment you after you leave. – less
Worst job I ever had
TECHNICAL SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Tempe, AZMay 11, 2014
Pros: the guy that makes lunch has awesome taco's
Cons: everything else.
This was the worst job I have ever had. Corporate culture consists of sit down, shut up, and take calls. This was a sub contractor for AT&T, all other departments were other contractors. The interdepartmental communication was horrible and it was next to impossible to get anything done. Your tools were essentially an automated flowchart and even if – more... you know what the problem is, you are not able to address it because of the flow chart. Not worth the $11 an hour. – less
gave me short term jobs
Temporary Agencies (Former Employee), riverside caMay 8, 2014
worked at different places need a permanent job gave me short term job
Great staffing agency
Laborer (Former Employee), Davenport, IAMay 7, 2014
Helpful in placement. Staff is friendly and very helpful. Staff is knowledgeable.
Contigency based.
Industrial Engineer (Current Employee), Hiawatha, IAMay 6, 2014
I enjoy my co-workers. However, I do not like the separation of contingent and company employees. Not conducive for a team environment.
Temp agency
Material Coordinator (Current Employee), East Moline, ILMay 3, 2014
Very helpful staff and recruiters. No real benefits package.
Receiving, Material Handler (Former Employee), Baldwin Park, CAMay 2, 2014
Busy form start to finish. there was room for grow, good co workers.
Highly energetic and fast paced work environment
National Account Manager (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, Pa.April 29, 2014
Pros: ability to work remotely.
Having recently completed my Masters in Human Resource Management I am anxious to make a change into a new role that drives bottom line revenue through partnerships between HR, Operations and the strategic goals outlined by management.

I enjoy analyzing current processes to identify opportunities for cost savings, increased employee satisfaction and – more... overall increased organizational successes as a result of the implementation of positive changes. – less
Fun and Flexible Enviroment
Sourcing Specialist (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCApril 28, 2014
Pros: flexible in hours
Cons: limited in advancement
sorcuing and recruiting for Fortune 1000 & above companies
Learn the full life cyle of human resources
Apple
Apple Technician (Former Employee), Austin, TXApril 27, 2014
Loved working at Apple. Very liberal company. Alright pay. It says my review is too short so im just taking up space.
Shipping Service Representative (Former Employee), Crystal Lake, ILApril 25, 2014
Pros: good pay and good hours
Answered about 80 incoming calls from Snap On Tools customers regarding shipping inquiries
Compensation does not match work required
Sourcing Specialist (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCApril 25, 2014
Cons: pay not good
A typical day at Volt consist of calling qualified candidates for job opportunities. I have learned several recruiting skills at Volt. The management at Volt could be more helpful and willing to increase your knowledge on certain concepts involved in recruiting. The hardest part about working at Volt is being able to talk with the customer via phone – more... which makes it hard to reach the numbers they require you to reach each day. The most enjoyable part about working there is being able to help others obtain job opportunities. – less
every day was a new challenge and learning experience
Onsite Program Coordinator (Former Employee), AustinApril 24, 2014
Pros: great upper management
Cons: non really
loved it! Nothing like having to explain to a young gentleman for use the bathroom correctly
Great company with great people
Program Coordinator (Sapient) (Current Employee), Orange, CAApril 23, 2014
I love the people that I work with. Very friendly environment.
Productive and Learning job with a fun environment
Construction General Labor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 22, 2014
Pros: hours worked in a week.
Cons: only one short break
Typical work day working 8 to 10 hours a day Ped Installing and Tool Move Experience.
Working in the Clean room/Fab.
Applying OSHA Safety skills.(certification)
4 to 5 hours in a 8 to 10 hour work day may require Forklift Operating, Rough Terrain Forklift, Boom Forklift, and Warehouse Forklift Operator.
Working in a team environment is also required – more... to help meet safety. – less
Unorganized
Call Director (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 17, 2014
Very unorganized. Management was not approachable. Pushing goals without recognition or pay.
they just want a worker for money
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee), Portland, ORApril 17, 2014
they dont really care about making employees happy or advancing or getting them hired.
Things I have learned...
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Mendota Heights, MNApril 14, 2014
I have learned how to use different systems, such as Volt Track, Sterling Infosystems, ESS, ETime, etc. These systems are used to assign candidates to their projects and to make sure they are paid timely.
Leaning enviorment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 12, 2014
Worked as a ficilities advisor for over 1500 WAMU Banks through the US
Job was a temporary job and no room for growth or advancement.
Technical Support Pace (AT&T) (Former Employee), Richardson,TxApril 10, 2014
Pros: rewards for job well done
Cons: short breaks
Overall I got to meet some great people. My team was very bright and fun to be around made the stress of the job bearable.

About VOLT

Volt Workforce Solutions is one of the world’s leading staffing and workforce management companies, connecting qualified, – Read more