VOLT

VOLT Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
very physical
Warehouse Operator (Former Employee), DeKalb, ILSeptember 6, 2014
this job is a heavy lifting job that you have to stay busy at all times.
Flexable
Sr. Account Manager (Current Employee), Ontario, CASeptember 5, 2014
Gaining more knowledge is always good. I enjoyded that everyday was a new experience
Steady paced work environment
Tamarack operator/Ouality Control (Former Employee), Northridge, OHSeptember 4, 2014
My typical day is a day sets with goal and expections of progression
I learned to work as a team and time management
Management at this job was very professional
My co-workers were very knowledgeable
The hardest part about the job was dealing with the machines functions as far as if they were not workinf then we could not to our job in a and it sets – more... the work flow off course
The most enjoyable part of the job was having a good functional finishing product – less
good workplace but contract job
Network Technician (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLSeptember 3, 2014
like any another contract job, not secure except if you have different positions.
Good way to start a career
Contractor (Former Employee), Brownwood, TXAugust 27, 2014
Pros: good starting out job
Cons: little pay
Come in and start working

Work hard and it will pay off

not much management

we were contract workers mixed ok with regular workers

little pay for same job as higher paid workers

weekly pay checks
Tech Support
Customer Service & Technical Support (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 24, 2014
• Troubleshot customer’s television and internet issues.
• Assisted customers in resolving billing issues.
• Put in work orders for customer equipment repairs.
• Followed up and resolved customers missed appointment issues.
n/a
Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 21, 2014
volt was a good learning experience, co workers were very helpful.
Great place to work with excellent pay and and offering benefits.
Production Worker (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CAAugust 20, 2014
Great place to work with excellent pay and and offering benefits.
Ok if you need work asap.
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAAugust 20, 2014
Pros: always work to find.
Cons: no job security
It's a temp to hire company. Very rude if you no longer want to find work with there company.
Great Company to work for
Team Manager- Lead Recruiter (Former Employee), Redmond, WAAugust 20, 2014
Enjoyed the development opportunities and great people to work with.
OK environment, poor management
Recruiter (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 20, 2014
Pros: decent work life balance, decent pay and benefits
Cons: management
Poor management from upper level. play favorites and do not listen to true concerns. unrealistic expectations when there is no sales support.
Volt Review
Sourcing Specialist Recruiter (Current Employee), FullertonAugust 19, 2014
Pros: introductory to the staffing industry
Cons: advancement is slow
Interview daily up to 6 candidates.
Review Job orders.
Source and schedule candidates for interviews.
Present qualified candidates to clients for start or interviews.
Complete onboarding paperwork.
Complete background checks and drug screens.
Complete I9 forms and Everify's.
Schedule client phone confrences.
Follow up calls with candidates and clients.
ComputerShare/Volt
Investment Services Agent (Former Employee), College Station, TXAugust 19, 2014
The working environment at ComputerShare (company I worked for through Volt) was very pleasant.

However, my training class was told we would all be converted to a regular ComuterShare employees within 90 days or we would receive training and/or counseling so we could be converted.It didn't happen. Five members of my class of 35 were converted.
ok
Data Entry (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 14, 2014
Good place to go to for a temp or temp to hire job. Staff was nice.
Microsoft position
Escalation Specialist (Former Employee), Issaquah WA.August 14, 2014
Pros: working at microsoft
Cons: contractual assignment
I really liked working on the Microsoft campus, there is so much opportunity with a position like this. Volt was very helpful in placing me there and taking care of my needs.
It's a good place to work.
Technical Support Advisor (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMAugust 12, 2014
Pros: free lunches (sometimes), extra breaks, voluntary time off, and rewards based on performance.
Cons: dealing with customers over the phone.
A typical day at work would be sitting in front of a computer all day taking in calls about a customers problem or questions about their device and you would have to troubleshoot the device over the call to try and solve their issue.

I learned how to use and troubleshoot specific apple products.

Management was great at volt. They would always talk – more... about performance at least once a week on a team meeting. They would always be there if any issues arrive to help out.

Hardest part of the job is dealing with irate customers, or customers who can't follow directions. The customer was thing that made the job hard. Dealing with actual issue with the product was easy.

Best thing about the job is receiving a survey from a customer to tell you how you did. These surveys are common. – less
Good Staffing Company
Temporary Worker (Former Employee), Mendota Heights, MNAugust 12, 2014
Pros: great staffing company
Cons: work sites, temp job
The staffing company is run by wonderful and helpful people, the work sites however are not always the best. The Staffing company will do what they can to help you.
Clerk
Clerk (Former Employee), Kentucky American waterAugust 11, 2014
Great to work for. Company went out of business. Temporary assignment.
Always worried about losing my job.
Customer Service Support (Current Employee), Las Cruces, NMAugust 11, 2014
Pros: hour lunches. great team managers on tier one phones. great hr personnel.
Cons: i am always afraid that i will lose my job, by telling me my "assignment" has ended.
Volt is the temporary agency for VMC, Inc. We are a sub contractor for Apple iOS products and Spanish speakers also provide support for Mac computers.

Volt only allows certain people to be hired to VMC. There are some 35 Tier 2 Help desk agents and only 2 of them have been moved to VMC after a year or more of service.

I am always afraid that I will – more... lose my job, if call volume goes down the center's General Manager will cut the hours of the bottom 25% of the staff and tell them to go to unemployment to make up the difference. Tell us Apple wants that. BS. I say.

Apple doesn't treat their employees that way, why would they want their subcontractors to do that.

There is a handbook, but it seems that because it's a temporary agency, Volt, can fire you at a moments notice, just by saying your "assignment" has ended.

There is always a great big firing, usually 25-30% of the agents on all tier ones, at the end of May and then the hiring starts. Trainings go non-stop from June to August and if there is no release, then there is another hours cut in October. Hopefully all the people that were just trained will leave and find other jobs.
There are no raises after a years or more tenure.

The managers are almost never women, there are only 4 on tier one phones and the rest of all the managers in the center are men. That includes all of Chat, Spanish, Tier 2, and APAC.

My typical day starts off with logging into mail, ilog, IEX, and other programs. Check the stats for the day before and any surveys that may have come in for me.

Log into the phone, start taking calls. All inbound calls, unless the customer disconnects or is calling in on the device we are supporting for technical service. Outbound calls can only make up 3% of a days calls. It becomes a sort of, who needs it most, kind of thing. Calls should take no more than 14.5 minutes on average. Call backs need to be set up for anyone that has extensive technical support procedures and will take more than 10 minutes to complete, this keeps average handle time down.

If I knew then, what I know now, I wouldn't work at volt, EVER! – less
The people at VOLT do care about your welfare- good people-pay was low
General Dynamics Land Systems - Material Handler (Former Employee), Southfield, MIAugust 10, 2014
Cons: dual standards when it came to contractors and regular employees, concerning anything to do with forklifts or other machinery.
VOLT work source helped me get a job with General Dynamics Land Systems, in Auburn, WA. The management was extremely helpful with all my questions. I knew only one other person who was from VOLT. The job at General Dynamics was a job, and nothing else. It was only a temporary job. The GOVT was not hiring, so we all knew that we had a limited time there. – more... Many of us were laid off after a year or less. – less

About VOLT

Volt Workforce Solutions is one of the world’s leading staffing and workforce management companies, connecting qualified, – Read more